Which is the most agressive cleaner?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alvaro

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, i have posta a Few days ago wot the problem of a stuck nitro engine, it drawn in water about 2 years ago and i Want to fix it. I take oír the engine, remove all plastic parts and bolts i could and i let it in gasoline for almost 24 hours but the engine is still stuck. I was thinking to wash it with brake fluid, its ok? U can recomend me a better aditive?

Hi, i have posta a Few days ago wot the problem of a stuck nitro engine, it drawn in water about 2 years ago and i Want to fix it. I take oír the engine, remove all plastic parts and bolts i could and i let it in gasoline for almost 24 hours but the engine is still stuck. I was thinking to wash it with brake fluid, its ok? U can recomend me a better aditive?

Brake fluid might work ,you can also try marvel oil ,or that rust buster stuff or liquid wrench.
Some of that stuff has a chemical reaction & is corrosive ,so if you use any of that stuff ,
after you use any of that stuff ,you might want to give it a rinse with wd40 to counter react
the chemical.

I would focus on breaking those bearings loose. Most likely they're rusted solid, gluing everything together.
Try soaking the crankcase in WD-40, Liquid Wrench or Marvel Mystery Oil overnight.
You may have to sacrifice your flywheel with a pair of channel locks to get everything to turn
but once you do you can get the engine torn down

I've heard that soaking parts in anit freeze in a crockpot on low heat works pretty well for carbon and grime... However destroy the crockpot afterwards and never use for food again. However, for rust, ideally you need something abrasive, no chemical will really remove rust. you could try using some polish, preferably with fine abrasive powder. Something like brasso, however It's not ideal...

I would also not do that inside the house. I can just imagine what that would smell like.

Back