Which is better

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbb4us

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My friend wanted me to ask if you had to get one of the two, which would you get, a CEN mt2 or duratrax thunder quake. Any comments on either would be appreciated. Thanks

If I had to choose between those two, I would get the CEN. Duratrax=duratrash. That being said, If I had any choice at all, I wouldn't get either of them.

I would go for the CEN, but that's my personal opinion. But I agree with dave: I wouldn't get either of them.

To return to your question: Can you easily get parts for these trucks? I would never buy a car when it's difficult to get parts, because sooner or later you will break something... So have a look what parts your LHS stores and make then a decision.

both duratrax and cen = toy garbage. i work down at a hobby store, and i frown whenever i see one or the other come in for repair. neither duratrax or cen construct a very good machine. they are built like toys, no durability, no tunability, and cheap matterials. i wish both of them would dissapear and never come back, i think rc would be a better place without them :clap:

obviously you guys have not seen some of the dual xtm 24.7 thunder quake monsters over at extreme rc. those guys swear by the thunder quake and they build these things for a living. i have never seen a twin engine up close but i watched a couple of the videos and they rock. I have a single 24.7 in mine and it will hit up to 45 on the street. i have not broken one piece on it yet, the 2 speed tranny runs great and the reverse gear works like a charm. I think alot of you guys look at some of the older stuff duratrax made which quite honestly was trash and just take that opinion. The quality of their vehicles are comming up and mostly all they need is an engine upgrade because although the stock engines run really well they are under powered, as are most rtr's on the market. Plus in this hobby it is not so much what you buy, but how much work, love, attention, and lets face it, CASH, you can afford to put into your machine. My Advice is to buy a thunder quake. They are relatively inexpensive and run well to start with when you get an extra couple of bucks put a 24.7 xtm in it and you will be living good.

oh forgot to mention as far as no tunability. you hardly ever keep the same engine in a rc even when buying the most expensive, and the plastic parts (which are very few) are all garanteed for a year so as far as durability i don't think there is another company that matches that. there might be, i have not researched it but i don't think there is. just my 2cents

Last edited: