which is better? k&n or motor saver

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tam13

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i have a t-maxx and i was looking up some hopups and i saw two filters k&n and motor saver and i was wondering which is better for a t-maxx

The motor saver is my choice. I don't like the K&N filters. Thery seem to not catch everything from getting in the Carb. If u use the search function on the tool bar, there is info on these filters that may help in ur decision.

I only run Motor saver but thats because I know they are good. I've heard nothing good about K&N air filters for R/C but I havent ran them.

You can't go wrong using a Motor Saver.

i have ran both on my maxx, the k&n isnt as good. the holes are bigger so it doesn't catch all the debre if u are running offroad. if u run onroad it wouldnt be that much of a problem

the motorsaver is my pick

bryan

I love the motor savers and they make be the best on the market but their's some other great ones out their. It can be upgraded to "three" stage filtration if your running is some really dusy conditions and it reallly lets your engine breath almost like an intake because of it's high volume. K&N filters don't have nearly as much filtration volume and you and don't provide as much filtration. K&N's are nice for pretty show trucks but Motor savers are for real bashers.

Peace

motor saver all the way i love mine

The K&N filter was never intended for rc use, they will tell you this themselves. That filter was designed as a breather, not as a filter for rc. Motorsaver all the way.

I don't even use it in my cars, how much more for an R/C.

When washing and reconditioning it, you run the risk of over oiling the gauze which causes probs in the MAF sensor in computerized cars and varnishing in carb cars. Our r/c's carbs are touchy enough as is. I wouldn't recomend it. Stick to motorsaver

I have a motorsaver, but I bash so hard the filter retainer plate fell out twice, causing the element to fall out and my engie to suck major dirt. I have the plate wired in now, but I'm not happy about it.

The OS filter is the very best, but it is about $40. Kyosho has a cheap one but it uses wierd foam that is very restrictive. I just ordered an ofna that looks like a good deal, parts 10017,10029, and 10031, about $15 total.

Motor saver or any 2 stage rc foam filter.

motor saver all the way especialy the high capacity two stage filter made specificaly for the t-maxx and savage. talk about kill er filtering and breathing its huge!!!

Motor Saver definately, and OS filters are among the best as well.

i run the dynamite aluminum one for good breathing(for my supercharger he he he) but its not a good dirt air filter its very course dust would go through it like it wasn't there so I'm stuck on road oh well its a drag truck ne ways. I've heard os is very nice but I've never used it.

Back