Which do you recommend?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to try the Venom one. I have the Ofna Micro and love that one. This new one by Venom looks very cool with all the features!

Not sure jon2,
the ofna fail safe is better and smaller.
one feature have got only the ofna, is is the "Another radio on the same channel":

Features by Ofna:
* Weak radio signal
* Low radio batteries
* Radio interference of any kind
* Another radio on the same channel
* Low receiver car battery

Features by Venom:
* protecting it from signal failure
* protecting it from signal interference
* built-in low voltage cut off at 4.2 volts

Both have led for signaling problem.

I have one ofna fail safe and it is great !!! I love it.

The venom would be a pin in the ass for people using the dry cell pack. As the normal voltage is 4.8V. I would like try the venom one due to the temp feature.

I put the Venom on back order from tower Hobbies last night. It was $46.
I did notice that the Ofna was much smaller. The venom is pretty big at 21.3g. But I guess it has to be with all they packed into it.
Thanks for bringing up something I didn’t notice. It doesn’t say what happens when another person gets on your channel.
I sent them an email and asked them about that. Hopefully I will have an answer to share with you soon.
Other than that, I wonder where I am going to stick it on my Revo. It’s pretty big so I guess maybe it has to go on top of the receiver box cover.
Please give me some advice here as to where you would mount it and what to use (i.e. servo tape, Velcro,etc).
Thanks!

NitroHouse.com has the OFNA failsafe on sale for 23.96. It comes with double sided foam tape. I stuck mine on top of the receiver box right next to the temp gauge. Have the same set up on the T-Maxx and will do same for the Hyper buggy.

i got my ofna failsafe off ebay for $19us(tmaxx central), good deals to be had there :cheers:

I use the Venom and have no reason to change. Yes it has kicked in and saved my 1K buggy from damage when the neighbor decided to check out his new synth module without asking what channel I was on.

49.00 is a bargain and I would get another if the price was double that.
Just my one sided view.

I've been partial to the Venom's, though I haven't seen the new one yet to try it out. If you don't have a temp gun it's a pretty good deal. With the reg Venom FS it fits right in the rx box of my revo and my NTC3. Either way, Venom or Ofna, it's a step in the right direction and you're getting some good insurance!

Now I just have to wait till it warms up outside and find a place to run it where nobody will steal it or call the cops on me, etc. I live next to Washington DC and here people will either steal it while I am driving it or complain about noise or something.

I found out that people run their cars in front of the LHS on Friday nights after all the stores close because it’s a non residential and non county park area so basically no people to call the cops on you and also there is safety in numbers.
Problem with that is it’s just a parking lot and its dark at night and I’d rather be in a nightclub dancing than hanging out in some parking lot.
I’ll be keeping an eye out for places to go bashing. If anyone lives in the DC metro area, let me know where you drive your car with no hassles. Thanks.

BTW, I have tried registering with the Traxxas message board 3 times now in the past week but never get a confirmation email from them so I can activate my account and start posting there. I used my verizon.net email addresses so it’s not a problem with using a free email like Yahoo. I wonder what their problem is. Anybody have any experience like that?
They don’t even answer emails when I ask them if they can activate me.

Maybe those boards are full or something.

You don't need Traxxas Message Board. LOL

Here bro. RCNT got you cover !! :D

The Nazi mods over there probably don't like you. Don't feel bad they don't like anyone. They close more threads over there than any board I've ever been to. There's so much good info here you can pretty much find the answers you are looking for.

Thanks for all your help guys. Yeah, why would I need to go there when you are all so helpful here?

Where do you all buy your nitro? I found a Gal of 20% traxxas fuel for $18.99 at http://www.southeastrc.com/item/TRA5070
They have the right part number and picture but it’s labeled as a quart though.
I was thinking to buy it from them but I hope they don't make a mistake and send me a quart for $19! ha ha.

I use what I can get locally, several available, right now I use Trinity. Might switch to O'Donnel though, haven't decided. Whatever you decide make sure you stick with the same Nitro content (20% or 30% or 33%). Buy locally if you can since shipping the stuff is a PIA. Ground only, so it takes longer and it's a HAZMAT so you usually incur some sort of additional charges are larger quantities. I think quarts are usually shipped without an additional fee.

Back