which buggy to recommend?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rookie517

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i'm back to the hobby, after 10years+

and i m looking at nitro buggy
for fun and some races

any recommendation?
do not wish to commit too much at the moment
as being a family man now.

pls advice.
:cheers:

Ya, it has been beat to death, but I'm going to help you anyway.

OFNA Hyper 7 pbs- $410 RTR, fast, raceable, tough as nails.

...I agree with cvec7.. the hyper7 pbs...its a great buggy...for bashing and racing..only down fall is the stock radio and servos are not very good...another good buggy to look into is the X-Terminator($319)..great basher..very fast!

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/145601.asp

I would also take a look at the X-Terminator buggies. The Deluxe is also a great option and comes with many hop ups. The X-Term is also a very durable buggy and handles good, but maybe not as nimble as others.

lol, well like they said this topic has already been beaten to death.

Although I will say this, if you plan on doing a lot of racing, get something other than teh X-T, it does push a bit under power.

funny how people in different parts of the country like different brands.....at least the mid level ones....Cali seems to like the OFNA southern seems to like the Mayhem.....NE a few of you have chimed in on the XTerm.....wonder if weather plays a factor in why some ares just trash certain buggies....down here I have yet to see an Xterm run a full tank w/o crapping out....

I've never heard of problems with the X-Term except for the stock throttle servo which is a POS. The only other part I ever broke was the rear diff tab, which was becasue I went WOT off a jump and landed on the wing lol. Although its a tank, other buggies do handle much better, but the X-Term is easy to drive so its good for begginers. As you know I just stepped up to a Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium Pro and will no longer run the X-T, but I still reccomend it for begginers.

I had an OFNA buggy for a few weeks and that thing crapped out all the time, although that was probably cause it was used. I hear great things about the LSP and can't wait for it to come, it should be here today :)

man tough call on which buggy. if u have the coin, go mugen. its a kit so u ge the satisfaction of building it...if budget is key. look at the hyper series from ofna. they have the TQ so u can customise the engine and radio parts, or the hyper 7. i have the pbs and love it. still have yet to break anything on the buggy...servos, thats another deal

I'm a hyper guy. Love mine and beat it to death.

Plaidfish said:
funny how people in different parts of the country like different brands.....at least the mid level ones....Cali seems to like the OFNA southern seems to like the Mayhem.....NE a few of you have chimed in on the XTerm.....wonder if weather plays a factor in why some ares just trash certain buggies....down here I have yet to see an Xterm run a full tank w/o crapping out....

Here it's the Kyosho cars. Seems everyone and their cousin has one. ('cept me, I've got a storm, soon to be replaced with a mbx5 prospec)

get a mp777 sp1 or hell go for the sp2 when it comes out, its agreat racing buggy and i have nenver broken a part and my track is a bitch to drive on, lol :)

I'm with plaidfish, I have yet to see an xterminator or mammoth go a full tank of fuel and not break.