Where to buy standard loose cells for 1/18

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhatman

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey, was thinking about making my own pack for my 1/18 and can't seem to find any loose cells besides the intellect ones and gp1100. I just want those generic ones. I know its not much but anyone know where i could buy some? Thanks
-Pat

cool, thanks a lot guys.. just what I was looking for.

Joey I finally ran that M18 I got from you.....HOLY CRAP....I got a baja/Spy/1200mah pack and Futaba Rx in it now....DAYUM it can scoot but hangs up on any lil rock or twig......
I can already feel th ehook up urge on it screaming at my wallet....thanks for the new addiction of small toys....

do yourself a favor... spend a few more dollars and buy GP1100's. You won't be sorry. you should be able to find them for about $2.50/cell. Maybe $2.00 if on sale or ebay.

Plaidfish said:
Joey I finally ran that M18 I got from you.....HOLY CRAP....I got a baja/Spy/1200mah pack and Futaba Rx in it now....DAYUM it can scoot but hangs up on any lil rock or twig......
I can already feel th ehook up urge on it screaming at my wallet....thanks for the new addiction of small toys....

Damn about time lol.. how long was it since we traded?

hows that servo?

well, i would get gp1100's but i was planning on making like a 7 or 8 cell pack. I also have never made a pack before this. I dont want to screw up on a good cell. Maybe later I will but for now, my plan is make a 7-8 cell pack, get some deans and mamba 6800 along with some alum outdrives and cvd/dogbones.

making packs is easy. You just gotta make sure you don't get the batteries too hot when you're soldering connections. The key is to have your soldering iron nice and hot... the hotter it is the quicker the solder will melt and flow, the quicker you do it the less of a chance the heat will transfer to the battery's internals. I recently made my first packs with GP1100's and they turned out great

Lessen said:
how do they compare to the GP's? I see they are a bit cheaper... why do yo prefer them?

Good questions. I got side tracked when I posted and never got to finish.

I have found that in a block of 50 loose un-matched cells that I get a higher yield of great to excelant cells. In my last batch I got 39 cells that matched up super close and all but 3 of the rest were up to par for me to use as hump packs to sell on e-bay to help recoup the cost. In my last batch of GPs I got 31 cells that were great and had to toss 6 of them in the trash can.

I'm finding the Intellects to be the same as if not just a tad better during the discharge cycle.

I have also been using the Titanium brand with great success for Hump packs. None of them are truly great for a racing 6 cell pack but it seems that everyone I get is above average with no bad cells.

I hope this helps.

BTW I'm only talking about 2/3As

Back