Where to begin!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexander_0_1

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads"
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I'm on the UE webpage looking at all the maxx stuff, when I get this overwhelmed feeling all over again.....overwhelmed like if I was to start putting one of these together what do I need to get....right now I'd be happy with a rolling chassis. So far I'd like it to be electric, I can build a nitro version later

Not sure just got an e-mail telling to checkout the new lighting chassis in the forums. Once I know more ill let you guys know.

I'm actually I'm trying to find the ESC/motor combo that comes in the X0-1, it won't be as fast as the one in the link above but it will have torque, I like torque.

More torque? Have you seen what this combo can do on 6s :)
I'm on 4s and its breaking things lol

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:55 AM ----------

6407-motor-comparison-onWhite.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Humm thats a big jump.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should see what that 1717 can do in a Losi buggy 2.0 on 6S setup for high speed street runs.:whhooo:

That's impressive...his motor being 240F, does that mean his gearing is too high?....to much load on the motor?

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time finding a castle creations 1717 combo. does traxxas not sell them?

I have found a 1515/1Y combo, I'm wondering if I should breakdown and go for this one.

^^where is this motor used?^^

Last edited:
More torque? Have you seen what this combo can do on 6s :)
I'm on 4s and its breaking things lol

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:55 AM ----------

6407-motor-comparison-onWhite.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

How much torque would you say that monster mamba has, I've got plans for one, but its only going to be pulling 7lbs at the most.....I'm guessing.

just a tip the 4092 motor from leopard is up there with the 1717, and its alot cheaper. just make sure the dimensions will fit.

@ Alexander_0_1
Have you looked at the Copperhead Viper 5150 combo ?, I have two and I am
really happy with them. I have one mounted to a T-Maxx that I converted to
two wheel drive only (rear) and one mounted to a T-Maxx four wheel drive.
They both weigh in at 11 plus pounds and run with no problems. The two wheel
drive will do wheelies all day using a 56t spur and a 17t pinion. You can find these
on e-bay for only $119.00 shipped...check them out.

I will look into both options thanks guys...the motor mount for this lil and I do mean lil project will be handmade, so I'm betting I could get either motor to fit.

I also use a 5000mah 7.4 volt 2s battery and it is mounted just behind
the rear body mount. I made my own ESC and motor mounts.
If you have access to a Bridgeport mill or a drill press with a
cross slide...it makes it a lot easier.

Last edited:
@ Alexander_0_1
Have you looked at the Copperhead Viper 5150 combo ?, I have two and I am
really happy with them. I have one mounted to a T-Maxx that I converted to
two wheel drive only (rear) and one mounted to a T-Maxx four wheel drive.
They both weigh in at 11 plus pounds and run with no problems. The two wheel
drive will do wheelies all day using a 56t spur and a 17t pinion. You can find these
on e-bay for only $119.00 shipped...check them out.

Can you post a pic of the tmaxx? I may convert my tmaxx if it dont sell.