Where NOT to put your favorite hat

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samrsnow

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Yesterday i was throwing a football with my friend. He was in a driveway maybe 20/30 yards away. Well after maybe 30 minutes of throwing back and forth i found my baseball cap was blocking my vision a little bit....Sooo I stuck it on the back bumper of a red Ford bronco that was a few feet away from me. and it fell off, So i put it back on there and made it stay there by putting part of it in the slot between the bumper and the and the rear door of the truck. and it stayed....So me and my friend continued throwing the football back and forth...a few minutes later the owner gets in and drives off WITH MY HAT ON THE BUMPER!! And neither of us realized that it was still on there until about 2 minutes later when i looked around for a second...i turned to my friend and Asked "where is my hat?" And with a shocked look on his face he said to me "its still on the bumper" and as he said that.....my heart sank.....I ask him which way the guy went and then i was off at FULL SPEED running for about 3 blocks! As i was running my friend went back inside and my dad asked him "where did Sam go?" My friend said "I think Sam is about to have a heart attack...." I could not find the red Bronco after running 3 blocks so i ran back home and knocked on my next door neighbor's door to ask if he had the cell phone number of the guy that had my hat on his truck. He did not come to the door...So i thought about getting my bike out and going to the main road where all the traffic is...i kept hearing cars go by as i went in and out of the back door and then i stopped and stayed i the house for a second and then i heard the rumbling oh the Ford bronco's engine. I EMEDIETLY bolted out the door over the the guy as he was pulling in his driveway and low and behold my hat was still there!!! I was cramping up all over my legs at that moment but i didn't care as i grabbed my hat from his rear bumper. The guy got out of his Bronco and i said "I left my hat on your bumper" As he was opening the hood of his Bronco i asked him "Where did you go? the store? He said "No, I went to my brothers house a block away" ....ONE BLOCK AWAY! Isn't that just great? I told him that i ran 3 blocks looking for him and he said "Sorry bud" So he only drove 1 block away while i ran 3....It scared the crud out of me but i got my hat back!

So DON'T EVER put your favorite hat on the back bumper of someones car even for a minute! Or that^^^^ might just happen to you.

lol learned your lesson, never take your hat off!

I had my favorite hat on while fishing a tourney. We left the dock and I turned it backwards. There were like 3 foot rolling waves and we were doing about 70 in a bass boat getting the whole boat in the air quite a few times. I could feel it slipping off but didn't dare take my hands off the handles for fear of flying out. Low and behold my hat ended up at the bottom of the lake. Funny thing is the guys at the launch were telling me not to get it dirty cause it was bright white and just a few weeks old.

your pretty dedicated to that hat. is it the only one you have? i go thru hats alot, so i would have just went inside to get another one. so... you ran 3 blocks.. for a hat? why?

Sometimes you just get a hat that fits a little better than the rest or you feel like it looks a little better or you catch a good size bass with that hat on and you just don't want to lose that hat.

your pretty dedicated to that hat. is it the only one you have? i go thru hats alot, so i would have just went inside to get another one. so... you ran 3 blocks.. for a hat? why?

It was a All Stars hat i got back in 2006 for being on the All Star baseball team at my local park. It has my first name stitched into the side also....and its the most comfortable hat i own. So yes i am sorta dedicated to it :D

I had my favorite hat on while fishing a tourney. We left the dock and I turned it backwards. There were like 3 foot rolling waves and we were doing about 70 in a bass boat getting the whole boat in the air quite a few times. I could feel it slipping off but didn't dare take my hands off the handles for fear of flying out. Low and behold my hat ended up at the bottom of the lake. Funny thing is the guys at the launch were telling me not to get it dirty cause it was bright white and just a few weeks old.

70 mph, in 3 ft seas, in a bass boat............:\