When will traxxas be in stock?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GiantmannJeff

RC Newbie
Reaction score
What’s up guys so I just returned to the hobby. Last time I was into this was 2003 as a teenager. I bought my Son a rustler and myself a tmaxx classic 2.5 I have been having one heck of a time blasting my tmaxx threw my property with my son trying to keep up in the rustler. I want more and am completely disappointed to find everything is out of stock aftermarket parts arnt what they use to be....

Originally I wanted a Revo.... Sold out everywhere. Well now I want a jato3.3 and savage 5.9 or any new savage to add to my collection, but all are sold out, in 2003 my problem was I didn’t have the money to buy this stuff now in 2020 I got the money but no ones got it what the heck is going on with RC these days...

LOL...
We all feel your pain. However, the Savage is no more. HPI is no longer building vehicles. As for Traxxas not having anything is stock, that's pretty much with all brands. Also, Arrma, Losi, Associated, and Kyosho all make variants of the Revo and Jato. Some people might say these are better brands too.

Anyhow, if you have any questions, you know where to find us.

LOL...
We all feel your pain. However, the Savage is no more. HPI is no longer building vehicles. As for Traxxas not having anything is stock, that's pretty much with all brands. Also, Arrma, Losi, Associated, and Kyosho all make variants of the Revo and Jato. Some people might say these are better brands too.

Anyhow, if you have any questions, you know where to find us.
Danm I didn’t know Savage went Under that was always what I wanted back in the day and could never afford, I’ll start looking into the other brands you mentioned as well.

Jeff many things have changed since 03.Lipos, servo, radios.brushless. well known companies are no more(most from not paying there Bills ) Id also recommend arrma

RPM makes better control arms, STRC makes great hinge pins, don't really know about pillow balls (ball joints) bulkheads, and other T Maxx stuff.

It's pretty crazy how all within a couple years, the RC world let technology in.

TNT,
How long was Astro brushless motors around until they were allowed on the track? How long were LiPo batteries around before they were put in cars? How many mid-motor prototypes were built before they were allowed on the track? And, how long did it take the radio units to start having dedicated signals so we don't have to use crystals anymore.

Heck, I remember racing my Cox/Kyosho Scorpion against Tamiya Hornets. I also remember losing races because my wiper style speed control lost it's clean contact in the high speed position.

I also remember when off-road racing was actually OFF-ROAD RACING.

I also am returning to the hobby and am trying to make sense of it all. All my stuff is 1/10 scale, mostly nitro. I can accept that nitro went out of favor for tech advances in electric. It makes sense. But it seems
nitro is so absent. My lhs is a hobby town and they have very little nitro parts at all. Couldn’t find rectangular header gaskets, and the guy knew to not even bother looking.

The used market online seems to have shifted away from ebay and Craigslist but I’m not entirely sure where. I fear that it’s Facebook marketplace. I hate logging into fb.

but for now, I just keep looking for rebuildable deals, and enjoy turning them into fun operators with the parts and engines I have lying around.

I also am returning to the hobby and am trying to make sense of it all. All my stuff is 1/10 scale, mostly nitro. I can accept that nitro went out of favor for tech advances in electric. It makes sense. But it seems
nitro is so absent. My lhs is a hobby town and they have very little nitro parts at all. Couldn’t find rectangular header gaskets, and the guy knew to not even bother looking.

The used market online seems to have shifted away from ebay and Craigslist but I’m not entirely sure where. I fear that it’s Facebook marketplace. I hate logging into fb.

but for now, I just keep looking for rebuildable deals, and enjoy turning them into fun operators with the parts and engines I have lying around.
Sadly it has shifted to Bookface marketplace. I used to see rc cars for sale on craigslist all the time around here, but there seriously hasn't been 1 listed in almost 2 years now.