Wheely bar ideas ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacknifejuv

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Any ideas for a wheely bar or something to stop it flipping . The other half says I've spent way too much on parts this month , she's probably right nearly 500 pound and i could still keep going lol . Any ideas would be much appreciated .

I have loads of spare parts enough to build another truck bar tranny and engine . What can ya come up with ?

Any ideas for a wheely bar or something to stop it flipping . The other half says I've spent way too much on parts this month , she's probably right nearly 500 pound and i could still keep going lol . Any ideas would be much appreciated .

I have loads of spare parts enough to build another truck bar tranny and engine . What can ya come up with ?

Loosen the slipper nut. You wont need one then.

Never thought of that . Cheers .

Dont loosen the slipper nut, you will melt the middle of the spur gear!! Tighten the nut all the way and then back it off 1/4 turn. I use the Traxxas wheelie bar for the t maxx and it works great (cheap too), and has i think 4 different positions.

The only integy part left on my tmaxx(was filled with them when i bought the truck) is the wheelie bar. i love it, only thing i had to do was replace the wheel, because it was plastic and broke when i rolled the truck. i replaced it with an aluminum air plane landing gear wheel.

Il have to wait untill next month then . Am i supposed to have a Compressed spring on my spur

Thats why its still trying to go when i brake . I did do a post called missing something but nobody picked up on it .

what clutch do you have on your maxx cause there is one that you dont use a spring. do you have the clutch with pegs or do you have the clutch with three pads???? The one attatched to the spur gear.

Its the one with three pads

I highly doubt loosening the slipper just enough to stop wheelies is going to "burn it up" seeing how that's partly what it's designed for.

I personally broke two Traxxas wheelie bars, and an RPM bar myself on the pede. I went with a Swami bar, they're not cheap, but they're bombproof and a very nicely crafted piece.

JhpY3.jpg

Oa1zZ.jpg

what clutch do you have on your maxx cause there is one that you dont use a spring. do you have the clutch with pegs or do you have the clutch with three pads???? The one attatched to the spur gear.

That's not the clutch, that's the slipper setup. The clutch is on the motor, inside the clutch bell.

I highly doubt loosening the slipper just enough to stop wheelies is going to "burn it up" seeing how that's partly what it's designed for.

Exactly correct.

Haha . Nice bit of kit that is .

they are both clutches one is a slipper clutch on the spur gear and one is the clutch in the clutch bell.. When I upgraded my clutch thats what I bought was the slipper clutch upgrade.... look it up before you correct people and confuse people that need the help.

I personally broke two Traxxas wheelie bars, and an RPM bar myself on the pede. I went with a Swami bar, they're not cheap, but they're bombproof and a very nicely crafted piece.

That's not the clutch, that's the slipper setup. The clutch is on the motor, inside the clutch bell.

Exactly correct.

Nice wheelie bar but try not confusing poeple by not making sure you check before telling someone something. Before I give advise I look things up to make sure I am right

Last edited:
I'm looking for an aftermarket wheelie bar and noticed that Swami RC's site is missing a few pictures and looks a little unkept. Are they still a viable option?

In other matters, anyone know why the Integy Evo 4 wheelie bar (only product from the brand I'd buy) is no longer available?

In my opinion, don't loosen the slipper keep it the way its suppose to be, take the wife out for a nice dinner to show her that you spend money on her the same way you do on you and then order a nice wheelie bar fro GPM problem solved.:D

JhpY3.jpg

Oa1zZ.jpg

Exactly correct.

Where can I get one of this?

i was gonna say y dont u just go buy a strip of alloy. drill and counter sink holes in it and screw it to the underside of ur car. and just leave it at that. u dont exactly need wheels. but if u can attach them then thats a bonus. wheels are there to stop it from making noise and a little less friction.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

worse comes to worse just get a thick bit of plastic. drill a small hole all the way through. and then a larger hole half way through so the head of the screw is counter sunk. then u have a plastic pad. I'm sure you could buy a 1m strip of alloy and a small strip of 10-20mm plastic of some sort for less that $10

Back