Wheels move as revo starts clutch prob???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayzuza

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
When I go to start the revo 3.3 the wheels engage and it stalls. When I start it with the wheels off the ground the engine idles low but the wheels continue to spin. Could this be a clutch spring issue? And if so how would I go about fixxing it. I'm newer to Nitro and never had to deal with this issue before. Please Help!!!

If it is a clutch spring issue all you have to do is pull the motor and take the clip off the front of the clutch bell. Then pull it off and you clutch is there. Just dont lose the washers on either side of the bearings.

your clutch spring or your clutch is broken ....or maybe both ( happened to me ) .....follow the steps Foolproof gave you ;)

Problem Fixed?

I to am having the same problem? Just wondering if the problem was found and or fixed and what it was?

?

I to am kind of new to r/c otherthan my train wreck CEN GST 7.7 Experiance. I pulled the motor and removed the clutchbell and didnt notice anything broken or abnormal. What could be broken or what should i look for?

The spring may be stretched, but that's unlikely. It only has so much room to move. Are you sure the idle isn't just a little high? Also, check your clutch bearings for slop or grittiness.

Clutch issue

Def not an idle issue i kept adjusting idle down and making runs til it wouldnt stay running and the truck kept rolling until it stalled from low idle.I looked at the bearings and all seemed smooth and free. The truck did not do this at first and started to do it without me touching anything. When it first happened i would hold the brakes on to keep it still and it would stall, acting like it was fighting the brakes to keep goin. Thats why i assumed it had something to do with the clutch.Like stuck engaged kind of? If that makes any sense?

Cluth spring

Well I took the bell back off and found the hook on the end of the spring was broken.Thanks for the help.

ah ha! Good news man. Give the pads and bell a light sanding to keep them grabbing good.

Clutch Pads

Do they make aluminum shoes and or are they worth buying?

Last edited:
Back