wheels keep coming off??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbpwrd240

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi gang,

Well I have been fighting the demonds with my newly built truggy and the one that has me scratching my head now is how in the world do I keep my 23mm hubs and 5mm axle nuts from coming loose?

I'm using the dynamite 23mm hub adapters with proline 1/2" offset veolity rims and Traxxas blue aluminum 5mm axle nuts. I can tighten the axle nuts all the way down onto the dynamite hubs and then tighten the outer dynamite wheel nut all the way down but within a few minutes of running around one or the other keeps coming loose???

I'm going to try adding a little lock tite blue to everything but this can't be a long term solution.

What can I do to keep this from happening????? I'm running out of axle pins.

Thanks again,
Alex R.

If you do not want to use Loctite you could use some thread tape. I use thread tape to hold my pivot ball caps tight in my aluminum hubs, had same prob theykept backing loose.

What exaxtly is coming loose, the hub or or your wheel nut?

Thanks for the tape idea.

The axle nut and the wheel nut come loose. It could be either or depending on the moment.

Last night I treated the axle nuts with loctite blue. It should fix that side of the problem for the axle nuts I just crank um down and check them often.

Locktite is your best friend in RC.
I do not run any of my rigs without locktite on the wheel nuts.

Those 17s and larger, really have to be tightened, and like hulk said wrap with teflon, and like snook said about the loctite!...I cometely agree with those statements

Last edited:
Thanks guys!!!

I ran with loctite all day yesterday with no problems. Finnaly had to shut the truck down becouse I bent my cvec manifold so bad I ripped the screws out and put a tighter bend in the manifold. LOL

What do you guys use to make exhoust gaskets?

Side exhaust flat gaskets can usually be made from standard flat gasket material you can find at most any auto parts store.

Rear exhausts need the proper silicon gasket to work properly.

Side exhaust flat gaskets can usually be made from standard flat gasket material you can find at most any auto parts store.

I made my own gassket out of a 3x5 note card. After looking online it seems anything tat is cardboard and the right thickness will work.

Rear exhausts need the proper silicon gasket to work properly.

I hate using that silicon. I chose to take a beer can and polish the paint off then I cut a small piece to make a gasket of sorts between the pipe and the manifold. I also did this at the connection from the motor to the manifold. The strips of can perfectly take up the space usualy filled with rtv silicon except now I can take my manifold and pick up the car and shake it about by it.

I actually ended up bending the manifold last night as it took a direct hit while flipping down the road..... I had a second manifold and I installed it today. I finnaly got the carb adjusted correctly and I ran the car with very few hickups for about 45 minutes. The car has really picked up some speed with the old motor. I'm gunna see how long it takes to run it into the ground.

I hope to uplaod a video soon so you guys can tell me if you ehar anything off or if you can tell what the squeeking is in my driveline. LOL

Back