wheels dont move

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherk3971

RC Newbie
Reaction score
sorry but phone acting up but I started my nitro car but wheels dont move anything i can do

Check your tuning, the rpm might be too low to activate the pawls in the transmission. Maybe the pawls are seized (happened in my tmaxx). Maybe the drive shafts are not screwed in? Lot of things that can go wrong, but you have to be MORE SPECIFIC.

ok thank you i will try them and see

You haven't mentioned if the servos move. DON'T start the engine until you've checked that. If you can raise the throttle without it moving then we'll go to the next step in troubleshooting.

the servos do move the throttle and steering

Okay. You have an issue with the carburetor or the linkage going to it. With the engine OFF and the air cleaner removed, does the throttle move the inside tube in the carb?
carbneck-jpg.18330

The "tube" I referred to is the white center in the carb neck. The black part is the idle opening. That black part will get larger as you open the throttle until the entire carb neck is open at full throttle.

You're saying that the engine will start, it will idle but when you open the throttle and actually SEE the carb open the RPMs don't increase?

There's a storm and power just flashed out which meant it took about 10 minutes to get back on this site so I'm going to get off before it cuts out again. Anyway, the pic below is a 'Rotary' carb vs a 'Slide' carb as seen above. either way you need to see that opening getting larger as you hit the throttle. Does it?

1596940825269.png

Back