Wheelie bar. Plastic or aluminum 2.5 t-maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joebegsmaxx2.5

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Ok so I know of the plastic traxxas wheelie bars for the T-Maxx 2 5 classic but what about the aluminum kind that also act as a rear skid plate. I really like the look of the blue aluminum wheelie bar on ebay but I'm just worried about it warping over time. Lmk your thoughts or experiences thanks

I don’t have a T-Maxx 2.5, but I can tell you that the aluminum will bend if you land on it, plastic will still bend, but it bends right back like nothing happened. Paint the plastic wheelie bar metallic blue. ;)

I agree, adding aluminum to a high shock area like the wheelie bar, a-arms, stuff like this don't recover to original shape after a hard hit like plastic does.

I agree, not a good place for aluminum parts on a basher. Anything that is exposed or protruding on an RC car is best made out of plastic, unless it's a shelf queen.

whats up bud. 100% agree plastic is definitely the way would go plastic. I've never really been a fan of adding aluminum to my RC. All it does is move your weak point. which is supposed to break to a different part you probably don't want breaking.

Back