Wheel believe its a hulahula dancer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northleaf

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Took out my revo today to run a little bit with it, and upon starting to drive i noticed
one of my rear tires were wobbling like crazy.

Obviously this is nothing good and creates excessive vibrations which can damage other
parts so i proceeded to inspect the truck as following.

1. Checked if both wheels had the same amount of play, they did.
2. Took the wheel off and re-attached it a couple of times, still wobbling and pretty much the same amount.
3. Checked if the tire were glued to the rim properly still, it was.
4. Squeezed the tire all around, sure some water came out of it but still nothing which could
cause the wobbling when you actually see it by spinning it by hand.
5. Took the wheel off again, checked the hub and the pin itself which holds the hub, looked all good.
6. As I'm using RPM True-Track Rear A-arms i checked if the driveshaft were set into it properly and
the bearings, all good there as well.

Well that's what i've done in order to try to find what could cause the wobbling and I'm pretty much stuck
now. Any ideas on what else i can do in order to find out what makes the wheel think its in hawaii and
dancing hula hula? :\

If you can squeeze water out of the foams that's never a good thing for tire ballance.
A little water can do strange things inside a tire.

True, however i can't shake the feeling off that its something with the external part of the wheel. Might be i've had a slam or something which could have gotten the rim a bit disfigured. still looking like a madman for a reasonable explanation.

It could be the axle shaft. A very slight bend could cause crazy shakes.

Also if you really think its the wheel, swap that one with another and see if the problem travels with it.

I think it's the wet foam causing the issue as well. I've drilled 1/8th inch holes in the cener tread blocks to get water out of tires before with decent results. It's best to have a saperate set of tires and rims for wet conditions.

It could be the axle shaft. A very slight bend could cause crazy shakes.

Also if you really think its the wheel, swap that one with another and see if the problem travels with it.

Ran the truck with the wheel and hub off to check if it were the axle shaft who caused it, couldnt see or feel any shaking from it.

Lol, i'm an idiot. Should've done that swapping tire thing from the start to see if it were the rims fault from the beginning...:hehe:

EDIT: Said and done, it is the rim who've got deformed in a crash or something. attached another wheel and it spinned just fine without any wobbling.
Wonder if my LHS got any nice tires in stock.... :hehe:

Last edited:
Actually got some tires in consideration already. But not sure if its the optimal tire to use
on the local track...combination of grass, hardpacked dirt with some loose portions and a occasional fibre mat....though hard packed dirt dominates so i guess these will do?

tra5375r.jpg

Look into some of the tires from jconcepts or proline if you want a competitive race tire.

I used to run those on a Tmaxx on a clay track. Dusty, I ran all 4. When the track was moist I'd run the stockers on the front and keep those on the rear.

I used to run those on a Tmaxx on a clay track. Dusty, I ran all 4. When the track was moist I'd run the stockers on the front and keep those on the rear.

Alright, but were you satisfied with the tires?

3 of my friends have coppied me and bought them and there just sorry they waited as long as they did. I get them to drift around the corner a lil bit but back into the traction as u straight shot out of the corner. I love them. Although the do push a lil as stated in the damp moist stuff. Never even thought of tryin another set in the front. I was trying to adjust the push out with suspension setup.

3 of my friends have coppied me and bought them and there just sorry they waited as long as they did. I get them to drift around the corner a lil bit but back into the traction as u straight shot out of the corner. I love them. Although the do push a lil as stated in the damp moist stuff. Never even thought of tryin another set in the front. I was trying to adjust the push out with suspension setup.

Actually went out and tried them yesterday. holy moly, All the sudden grip on
the track even though it was kind of moist and muddy made me drop my jaw
and made me wonder why i had waited so long to get em and realize what a
little monster the Revo can actually be with the right stuff put into it.
I could barely control the darned thing at the beginning because well, i wasn't
used to having so much grip. :D

Some guys still peck at me for having a Traxxas and the fact that i had to
spend so much to actually get it as good as it is. Not nearly done with this
little devil yet and even if it costs me a a couple of fortunes i won't look back.

Because giving up when you have spent so much time and money on
something already is a true defeat.

Now time to change the gearing because the torque is a devil and now i want
some better top speed outta it. running 40/14 atm and considering 40/16
or maybe even 38/16...

Blah, so much going on with this truck that i should make a entire topic dedicated
to it so i don't have to make a new thread everytime its something i need help
or got any questions about what to do with it.

Back