Whats wrong?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richardtf

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am installing the dual servo for my revo stock build, i can't seem to install the steering arm to the servo, what i am i doing wrong? is the servo positioned wrong? or i am using the wrong steering arm? Hmmmmm.... i bought the arms from ebay and its description was its for the revo, a little help guys,,,thanks

DSCN0988.gif

DSCN0989.gif

your servos are on the wrong way...the horn goes to the front...and you dont need the 2 ...just one will work just fine

ya, you need to take both servos out, flip them around so the servo "nob"? (where the servo horn connects to) is facing forward, towards the front of the truck.

you may find that two servos burns through RX batteries a bit faster. Hard to say, I've never had 2 servos for steering any RC other than the XXL I bought used; haven't used it yet. If the servos aren't turning at exactly the same time, one may put stress on the other and vis versa. They may end up burning eachother out.

all speculation on my part. but I've heard there's no good substitute for one, good, strong, servo for steering.

Last edited:
The nobs go forward and the horns go about 90 degrees tword the center

as Mac and Jess stated the servo's need to be flipped so the servo horn is facing the front of the truck.
I had a twin steering sevo revo. I recommend going to a single sterring servo set up for a couple reasons.
1) short Recv batt time
2) the 2 servo's will fight each other, if one as a little weaker than the other it will put more stress on it causing faster wear on the servo and using more battery power(shorter batt life)

Last edited:
The rec pack time isn't greatly diminished, but it is a bit shorter. If you line the servo horns up right, they won't fight each other

The rec pack time isn't greatly diminished, but it is a bit shorter. If you line the servo horns up right, they won't fight each other

i was not that lucky, mine faught each other not matter how i set them.
i did not find 2 that were the same power or strength even tho there were same brand purchased at same time, i bought 4 total
before i said forget it and switched to single servo

The single servo conversion is the way to go. It's more reliable and easier for you in the long run.

Back