whats wrong with this revo?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foggy

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hi guys .
after trying to sell my heli on ebay i was offered a revo as a trade.
the guy dropped it off at my home today about 80% of it is blue alloy and he told me there is a new engine in it.
i know nothing about revo's it came with a starter thing that plugs in the back and a charger.
there is a blue wire goin in the engine?.
i can't get the thing to start i connect the starter press the button and the engine turns over but thats it .
the glow led on the starter is not lit up but the other led is?.

any ideas? (apart from sell it for spares lol)

thanks
Image012.gif

Image011.gif

Check the plug. Check the fuel lines are not gummed up

i have done dude.
all look ok theres fuel going to the engine.
just no life .
gimme a pullstart and glow starter anyday lol

I'm certainly no expert, but on the Revo EZ starter, if the green led isn't on then that is an indication of where the problem is. When the green led for the glow plug on mine didn't light up, the glow plug was shot and all I had to do was replace it. Check the blue wire and make sure it's secure at both ends.

ok dude i will order a new glow plug.
i hope this revo is worth it lol.

Yeap, I use the blue wire on my EZ Start engines, but once you put a new plug on, if it still doesn't start, disconnect the blue wire and use a regular glow plug igniter. Also, sell those arms while you can and get some RPM stuff, especially if you're going to be running it. I love aluminum arms, but they only go on my shelf queens that see absolutely no use, but I would try the GH arms, since they carry the same warranty as RPM.

yeah the glow plug or lead is most likely not working +1 on those guys for that also make sure you have good fuel

Also, sell those arms while you can and get some RPM stuff, especially if you're going to be running it. I love aluminum arms, but they only go on my shelf queens that see absolutely no use, but I would try the GH arms, since they carry the same warranty as RPM.

i plan to sell the whole thing so i can buy some crawler parts lol.
just need to get it running.

I've got the ez start on charge now.
and ordered a new glow plug.
thanks guys.

Back