whats the differences between the origanel and the new

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballen

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
basical how can you tell them apart just from the chassi .not the motor servos receiver or any of that is there a difference in the chassi. longer,shorter, wider or maybbe thicker ?:D:\
i have 3 and can't tell the difference.

17mm hubs with wider bigger tires and no reverse is the only difference I know of.

The original chassis is shorter!!! The newer tmaxx chassis is 30mm longer!!! the newer tmaxx chassis is 4mm thick and the old tmaxx chassis is 3.2mm thick!!! I hope I was some help to you!!!

The 4908 and 4907 chassis is longer (in the front) than all previous versions and has a distinct angle in the front just behind the a-arms. There is also no ( ) hole in the chassis for the pipe stinger as some of the early models have.

None of the Tmaxx models come stock with 17mm wheel hexes FWIW.

ok so original is shorter, has hole for stinger and is thiner. ok now does anything newer then the 1st have the stinger holeor is it just the 1st type. i'm just trying to see what i got so i know which 2 to trash get rid of

The hole in the chassis for the stinger was omitted with the release of the 4902 Tmaxx 2.5R. All previous versions had the hole and later versions do not

The hole in the chassis for the stinger was omitted with the release of the 4902 Tmaxx 2.5R. All previous versions had the hole and later versions do not

ok so if it has a holeit is baseicly for the .15 got it thank you now i know what to look for .I have 3 just wanted to be able it tell if i had a newer one or old one. THANK YOU FOR MAKEING THAT CLEAR .....not yelling just happy to be told something easy to understand. not a very technical person. plain and clear thats how i like it

no not yet i actually have to literaly find them in the closet .moved from 3br 2 bath and 2 liveing rooms pluse a garage to 3 br not even a shed or basement so things are a little scarted. but i am going to look tomarrow for the I know the one i started has the wide max sus . revo shafts all around and foc .and i think some other stuff on it not sure .
pm me tomarrow afternoon mybe i can find them by then. besides i know you are not suposed t sell in the forums don't want to get in trouble. i like this site to much for that.

Back