Whats the deal with the Tmaxx?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NitroWannabe

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Every RC web page I visit has something about the tmaxx. But at my two local tracks I've only seen one once....and it didn't look like it was running all that great. Actually I'm the only guy at either track with a 1:10 4wd truck, excluding the one rare appearnace of the tmaxx.

I find another track last week, and 70% of the trucks there were tmaxx, about 25% losi/RC10, and a couple 1:8 buggies. Well, watching them run around the track I couldn't really tell much. I was kinda excited to put my HPI MT up against a 4wd for the first time....I was...disapponted to say the least. It was like a moble obstical course trying to get around these guys.

Tmaxx must not be a sucky truck, its too popular to suck. But Id have a hard time calling it a speedy truck. So what is the deal? Why are they so popular?

I'm not trying to bash anybody or their choice of truck, so don't take it that way. I'm pretty new to nitro RC and just trying to figure out who likes what and why. I like speed :)

I bought it because of its toughness. After all, you can beat the livin tar out of these things, get huge air, bash til no end and as you put it "Be an obstacle!". They are for the "I need to have the BIG toy" peeps of the world as well. I dont particularly enjoy racing it though. I much prefer my Losi XXX for that.

It is kind of funny though when I run in the ralley opens and run OVER the other smaller trucks and buggies out there. Its clearly and advantage on a big track. But on the small and short tracks, they are lacking. Just too big.

Power, Big, a higher level of indestrctability and "Hoot Hoot Hoot" all make it a blast.

I'm liking the new X Factor too. For pure suspension match of a real monster truck.

Well i have a maxx and a xxxnt. i can turn just as many laps with my maxx and keep up with the stadiums, and it is alot heavier.

are you still stuning your xxx?

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
are you still stuning your xxx?

stuning????, oh god, your not taking grammar lessons from Hunter are you?? :D

Originally posted by FLATTOP
stuning????, oh god, your not taking grammar lessons from Hunter are you?? :D

No were both taking them from matts, get it right Fattopp;)

I raced against 2 xxx-nts and a rustler and beat them by half a lap(about 10 sec) i think they were quite surprised:)

I would be surprised too!

I just find that the XXX is MUCH more driveable on the track. Could just be the tracks we have here. We only have 2 to pick from. Not much for choice.

Maxx?

Well it's all about the driver and how well he can tune a maxx. If you really wanna kick ass in your class, use a picco .15 monster. I put one on a HPI for a guy and damn that thing haulled ass. But for morerocky terrain get a maxx cause the HPI is too low.

Re: Maxx?

Originally posted by Car God
Well it's all about the driver and how well he can tune a maxx. If you really wanna kick ass in your class, use a picco .15 monster. I put one on a HPI for a guy and damn that thing haulled ass. But for morerocky terrain get a maxx cause the HPI is too low.

I think one of the losi's i was racing had a picco. Seemed like a nice engine:)

Status
Not open for further replies.