whats the biggest highest rpm nitro motor for a revo?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ausher

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Looking for a back up big block with a pull start with some high rpm's... my research says it may be the lrp zr.30x with 38k rpm. What else is out there that can top it?

I to am going to be starting a big block revo project, after I finish up my tmaxx I am currently building. I like the Mach engines, thinking about the .28 Big Red. it prob has no where near the capabilities of the LRP's but I like Mach engines like I said. :D prob have robin do a mod on the Big Red.

these are from the lrp .30 comp the highest i could find also.it would be a beast on a revo.

Cubic capacity .30 (4.92ccm)
Power 4.21HP
Max. RPM 38.300

You wanted a pull start tho didn't you ausher?? Can you put one on this competition engine??

Yea. From the extensive research I've done apparently one can put the back plate and pull start from the lrp z.30 spec 2 onto the zr.30x comp with no modifications....

I found a site that had a list of dyno specs for nitro motors that listed true HP and rpm's but can't find it now...

---------- Post added at 1:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:39 AM ----------[/SIZE

---------- Post added at 1:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:42 AM ----------

Here's a link for putting a pull start on the zr.30x
http://www.savage-central.com/Evo-Forums_-_file_-_viewtopic_-_t_-_92765.html

Yea. From the extensive research I've done apparently one can put the back plate and pull start from the lrp z.30 spec 2 onto the zr.30x comp with no modifications....

Right on , an easy fix! :)

---------- Post added at 2:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 2:06 AM ----------

I found a site that had a list of dyno specs for nitro motors that listed true HP and rpm's but can't find it now...

---------- Post added at 1:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:39 AM ----------[/SIZE

---------- Post added at 1:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:42 AM ----------

Here's a link for putting a pull start on the zr.30x
http://www.savage-central.com/Evo-Forums_-_file_-_viewtopic_-_t_-_92765.html

There is one called comprehensive engine dyno results on Chitown RC

For pure screaming RPM you want a .21. I have seen this engine in action and it will Rev to the moon. Crazy expensive though. I would never buy one unless I was racing pure competition.

osmg2041.jpg

I was wondering when someone was going to mention a true competition engine. That .21 Joey linked says it will go to 45,000 rpm, get it modded and you could expect more than that. With the right gearing in your revo that .21 would kill.

I am here to tell you that engine impressed the hell out of me. There were Novarossi's it was walking past like they were slow. I would like to see what Robin at ERCM could do to one....

holy crap a grand for a nitro engine. Dude thats insane!:whhooo: How well would an on road engine perform off road:D Wish I had the cash to find out.

Awesome motor, but I don't think I'll spend that much or go with bump start.

Been looking at the picco's id like to find some actual dyno results on the picco's and Lrp's....

Check this list I found at RCTen.com nitro engines dyno results forum

Last edited:
I only found this one on their list which is what I'm running now.
138 LRP Z .28R Spec .3 Truggy 0.280 - - - - - 1.87 @ 27,200 rpm 70.77 oz-in @ 25,600 rpm 42,800 rpm $170

42.8k is Max rpm... lrp spec says 33k is Max rpm...

Well I did it... I ordered the lrp zr.30x and the back plate and pull start .

I ordered an ercm side bleed pipe

Thinking of getting the integy full cage and modding it a bit.

Going to get f650 body

I ordered the mip splines cv axle shafts

Techno bigger tank kit

Couple savox servos

---------- Post added at 2:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 2:48 AM ----------

Screenshot_2013-02-07-01-41-38_zps0bca3ebf.png

---------- Post added at 2:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 2:50 AM ----------

Screenshot_2013-02-07-01-29-58_zps69b6613e.png

---------- Post added at 2:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 2:51 AM ----------

Screenshot_2013-02-07-01-29-54_zps725e7b8b.png

Sounds like quite a build! Don't take this the wrong way, but you might wanna consider getting traxxas shafts instead of those heavy mips.

thats gonna be a nice build.i've got a build in mind for my revo also.but kinda holding off till i make my mind up on what i want.either do about what your doing or trying something other than my revo.can't wait to see how your build goes.

Back