Whats the best savage?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroRC4Life

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I want to start lookin into saving for a new savage.. but what of them is the best... I extremely like savage xl because i want a big truck... The x 4.6 is nice but i would rather the xl 5.9....PLZ HELP ME OUT

I want to start lookin into saving for a new savage.. but what of them is the best... I extremely like savage xl because i want a big truck... The x 4.6 is nice but i would rather the xl 5.9....PLZ HELP ME OUT
they are both pretty big but i hear the x is more reliable but i wouldn't know cause i never owned a xl and i just got a x

Thanx... i need to know how the xl is because i really like the 3 gear tranny as it would sound sick....

go with the X SS it has all the 4.6 upgrades, and it comes with the high out put K4.6

Thanx... i need to know how the xl is because i really like the 3 gear tranny as it would sound sick....

There is a 3rd kit or a package that you can put into the 4.6. The kit is retailed at $90 and the assembled product is retailed at $135. The 3rd gear is not important for me but I am not sure what conditions you are running with

i have a x 4.6 and i can not break they are very reliable and r very strong trucks

Go for the x. I hear alot of bad things with the 5.9 engine

Get the x 4.6! Its cheaper and has the better engine in it. There are things on the XL that kill its durability like the long axles.

Well wat about the x ss...

Well wat about the x ss...

Basically it's the same truck, just a kit. Comes with different a different body that you can paint yourself. Comes with different tires(dirtBonz), a tuned pipe, a steel spur(many don't reccomend), more thick engine plate (.5mm more thick), and it comes with the K4.6 engine other than the F4.6 in the RTR. It just doesn't come with the Tx, Rx, or servos. I think I got it all.

go with the X SS kit, the high out put K4.6 is wicked. don't know if it comes with the 3 speed tanny, but you can buy the third gear and add it to the 2 speed. :D

kinda old but, I love my savage 25. I've had it for around 4 months now, and I have broke NOTHING! I have flipped it, rolled it, crashed it, ran it in to hard objects (dumpsters, buildings, yes, even corn stalks) and it always comes out unharmed. As for the body, what can you expect? It breaks eventually with all the crashes, but otherwise, I love it.

well, i am going in the morning to the hobby shop to buy a new savage 4.6. i love my t-maxx 3.3 but i have been wanting a savage. i kinda dread breaking it in but i kinow i will love it afterwards, this way my son and i can run both trucks. boy this r/c nitro stuff is awesome.

Xl

Personnaly I have a 5.9 and wouldn't give it up for the world! did the breakin by the book and have had no problems with it and as far as indestructible goes....when everyone else is replacing parts, I'm still running faster and bashing places the others won't go.

The only down fall was running rich for as long as I did gets oil on the one way bearing so it had to be cleaned but as the head temp dropped during break in and I SLOWLY leaned it out it just keeps getting better.

SWCE7

Well i like that the x ss comes with a clear body and i like how the xl is really big....still i have to wait till i get the money....

just got my new 4.6 savage this morning, i can't wait to run it. i love this hobby

Hey, just got my new savage 4.6 this morning, it looks and sounds awesome, i love this hobby

the x 4.6 is a nice ride, you'll probably want to get the reverse mod for it; saves alot of running(on your behalf:D