What's the best Big Block for the Revo?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sgt Blamo

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What's the best BB for the Revo? I want the most HP/Trq for the buck, with the easiest install and simplicity of tuning. Will the Savage motor work, is it any good? What about the LST motor? Is the Sirio .23 worth the extra money?

I would to go with the Mach 26. The Mach 26 puts out over 2.7 HP and has alot of torque. It costs roughly $160 which makes it pretty affordable. Be aware though, given the extra HP and torque, you might end up chasing weak links. Do some research and make sure that the Revo's drivetrain can handle the extra power.

I found my Mach 26 very easy to tune as well.

If you are looking for a direct drop in with no bigblaock chassis conversion then i think the sirio .23(i dont have a revo but rember reading it fits). If you are using a conversion kit and are willing to spend 160 on the mach .26 the wasp .28 is 169 at tower. My favorite is the top .28.

Yeah the .23 Revo is the ticket its a medium block with big block power. So its fast and lighter than a big block. I have one and it screams. I am planning to race with so the price was worth it. $275 plus 50 for the conversion kit.

Seems you can pick up a .25 Savage motor for around $100.00, I wonder if it would fit.
The Sirio seems nice but is a bit expencive. My LHS has one for $300.00 complete with install kit and header.

Seems you can pick up a .25 Savage motor for around $100.00, I wonder if it would fit.
The Sirio seems nice but is a bit expencive. My LHS has one for $300.00 complete with install kit and header. What do you think about the .25 Savage motor?

Just get the SIRIO .23 engine thats all the power you'll need..WHEELIE'S in second O YA..... :cheers:

What spur gear are you running w/ it. I was going to order a close ratio gear set, but if i'm correct, you like the wide ratio instead? I want power on demand.
Not that the 2.5R isn't fast, it is, But I just gots ta have mo powa!

with the sirio you want the wide ratio gears. I run the stock spur with a 14t clutch bell

Why the wide ratio? Is the 14 th stock? What about AM clutches?

not sure about AM clutches but 15t is stock so I dropped a tooth and this motor has a lot of low end power and the wide ratio gears I beleive help eliminate the wheelie when it shifts into second and creates more top end. I set up the gears according to a magazine article I read about the REvo and Sirio .23 racing setup.

How would you compare it to before you're conversion? Would you happen to have the name of the publication and month you read it in.

compare performance and price though.
Mach .26: 2.75 HP, price:est.$160
Sirio .23: est. 2.1-2.4HP, price:est $270+ That's not including the mounting hardware for either.
IMO, I don't think the Revo's drivetrain(stronger or not) can handle a .28, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Mach is a big block and would upset the balance of the REVO. SO I would go with the Sirio if you plan to race. The Sirio is a Race mill. I would say after the conversion it was nothing short of amazing. The Sirio combines the power of a big block without the big block weight.

The Mag. was
R/C Car Dercember 2004

I just got 2 more sirio engines in the mail today.. WOO HOO :cheers:

Kinda pricey aren't they?

Back