What's the best .18 motor for the Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucidvtec

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i just put in the new picco .21 motor i'm still breakin it in......the problem is my local track won't let me race because the motor is to big.. i can't go over a .18 motor to be legit so i'm lookin for a hardcore motor that will handle serious heat "I'M IN AZ aka HELL" and i would like to have good low end power for pullin out of the turns. i have the Stadium Maxx if that help any

thx

OS Max 18 . HANDS DOWN !!!! This engine will run great in any weather.

I second the Sirio 18. I have it in my maxx and as Rolex stated, it is easy to tune and will hold it's tune under varying conditions. Just make sure you pick-up the Sirio Big Bore pipe to go with it.

i resecound the sirio .18. Excelllenjt engine. Hands down the best engine i own.

I'd say the new OS .18. Not sure of the specs but Check itout.

Any link to sirio.18 or OS .18 ?

Are they direct drop?

Do any of you recommending the OS .18 actually have one or tried one? Just curious.

A guy at the local track is running one in his Tmaxx. I've watched him run it a lot, with no problems. Easy to start, and totally dependable. Good low end punch, and good high end.
I've seen Tmaxxs with an assortment of after market engines, but it's the Sirio I'm set on.

Sorry, I meant the guy is running a Sirio, not the OS you asked about.

Last edited:
sirio all the way, I raced a guy with a os 18 and my max totally out performed his!

I have the OS 18 in my Maxx it is a direct drop in...

I use the Sirio .18 and it is a direct drop in.

I need link :)

I am so lost after so many suggestions :write:

The first link is a slide carb version for the newer 2.5 T-Maxx.

The second is a rotary carb version for the original pro.15 T-Maxx.

Both are direct drop-ins for their respective Maxxes.

Hope that helps.

Mr T

Mr T-Maxx said:
The first link is a slide carb version for the newer 2.5 T-Maxx.

The second is a rotary carb version for the original pro.15 T-Maxx.

Both are direct drop-ins for their respective Maxxes.

Hope that helps.

Mr T
Thanks Mr T.

Oh man, the one I'm looking for is discontinued. Where else I can get one?

I have heard tons of good things about the sirio .18. I was thinking about getting one for a while (was waiting to get some $$$.) Now that its discontinued, dont you think the parts will be hard to get in the future? Thats my only concern.

Man that sucks i was planning on getting the one thats diacontinued.Why would they discontinue it does that mean they are coming out with a new one. Thats kindof a bummer, o well at least i didnt buy it then it be discontinued.