Whats my Savvy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevoBigBlock

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i just bought a savage and the guy told me it was the x 4.6 but it looks like it has a 4.1 on it can anyone tell me what it is or how to tell?

100_0481.jpg

100_0480.jpg

Ok it is for sure from the X line up but if it say 4.1 then it is not the newer X4.6. My guess is it is the original X style truck. Not much difference other than the engine and brakes. What kind of brake disc does it have?

its a single disc

Single disc huh? That sounds more like the original Savy....I don't remember what the first X came with. I am will in to bet what you have is the original X which came out about 4 1/2 years ago. Pretty much the same as the 4.6 minus a few parts. If you added the new dual fiber brakes and the 4.6 engine you would have the same thing as the X4.6.

i have an SH .28 on the way

I'll have an FLM extended black anno TVP set for sale shortly, if you're interested. I'm waiting for the brushless tranny forward conversion frame.

Single Fibre disc brake means its the first generation Savage X with the 4.1 engine...

OR

it could be an older Savage .25 with the X side plates?

It is not the .25 I am pretty sure since it has the X bumpers, roll hoop, cam style servo saver. So First generation Savage X is what you have.