Whats in your spare parts box?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChiefGeek

RCTalk Addict
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm quickly realizing that a healthy supply of spare parts on hand can turn smacking into an oak tree from a show stopper into a quick repair. So what do you keep on hand and considered absolute musts? I'm slowly going to build my parts box up. So far I have the basics like body clips, pins, a few axels, batteries, and some parts I haven't identified yet.

I don't really run my vehicles very rough so I seldom break anything knock on wood. But when I break something its an opportunity to tear it down and clean and repair. I do keep supplies on hand like rtv sealant, loctite, and glue. I do also keep extra filters on hand just in case.

I have enough spare parts to build another 2 trucks . But wen I'm out bashing all i take is my fuel . Flat head screwdriver and thats it. If i bring spares 9 times out of ten the bit I've broke is back at home so don't bother now lol .

I snapped the top of a shock off today that was already broken, but found myself wishing I had spares on hand. That led me to wondering what kind of other items that may be useful.

It really depends upon how hard you run it and what you do with it.

Lots of jumping? Better have arms, knuckles, hinge bins, shock parts, etc.

Tires like to separate from hits and speed runs, so CA glue is a good thing to have. Spare glow plugs, spare fuel line, maybe axles/dogbones, etc.

HTH...
Mark

Well I have discovered that my savage was not built in a factory, but rather placed on earth to teach me about nitro cars. Have had it for a week and already dealt with a plethora of problems, all from previous owners neglect. I did hit a tree and broke a repaired with glue shock and broke a drive axle. Zip tie fixed the shock till I find a replacement and I lucked out and have a spare axle. Good thing too, them SOBs cost $75 for 4 at the local hobby shop.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

If you're willing to wait a week for the mail, put a request in the "Want to Buy" forum. Lots of us have parts from things we no longer have, and will either give them away or sell them cheap.

I didn't see anything, but I heard a voice. :ghost:

I have all the parts for all the cars and helis I've upgraded to bling. :D

Back