whats a good engine for the t-maxx classic

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrosevers

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so i just picked up a used t-maxx classic with the TRX.15 in it and it also came with an OS CV-R .12 and a megatech .16, all of which sound under powered from what I've read but i am new to this, should i just run one of these or get rid of them and run something else? can i put my HPI .25 or .21 in it or will that take a bunch of mods?

If you go put too much power in it you will have to update the driveline,all that with the cost of the new engine you could be close to buying a tmaxx with a 2.5 or even a 3.3 model. PM sent

thats what i was worried about, i can't really afford to dump a bunch of money into this truck so maybe i will just sell it and put the money into my savage.

You can get a new 2.5R off ebay for $104.99 delivered. No mods required. Or if you want bigger then go with a dynamite .19T off ebay for $109.99 delivered. It also is a direct replacement engine for the tmaxx. I run both these engines in my revo and my dads tmaxx.

IMO run what you got and save up your $ If you have 3 powerplants that arent blown than run em till they die. You could honestly have plenty of power from the original .15 as I remember pulling wheelies with mine when new. The fact you have the Megatech and the OS as back ups - Beat the snot out of em till they die too.

Back