What tmaxx do I have? Please help.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RlGPlG

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey folks. I'm starting to upgrade my tmaxx more and more. I haven't ran it in a few years and am ready to get back into it but need a hand figuring out what model I have. I bought it in 07 or 08 if that helps. It came with the blue body. I would post pics but I'm pretty forum illiterate and am on my phone. Open to suggestions.

Yeah some pics would help, but it's either a 4909 or 4908.

What engine did it come with?

2.5 engine would indicate it’s a 4910 model
3.3 engine : Reverse servo or a cutout for the servo in the chassis would be a 4909 model
No cutout in chassis for reverse servo it’s a 4908 model.

It is the 3.3 with no reverse. The servo is in a hole in the chassis. This makes it a 4909?

Right on, thanks guys. Anybody run nitrous on their maxx?

It is the 3.3 with no reverse. The servo is in a hole in the chassis. This makes it a 4909?

Steering servo in the hole with no other opening for a reverse servo next to it makes it a 4908 model. 4908 model also has a very distinct angle from the outside edges of the curve radius at the front of the chassis toward the center.

A 4909 model will have the steering servo and an opening next to it for the reverse servo. 4909 has a very straight front chassis from the radius of the curve to curve.

Nitrous and Glow engines are a joke.

Fill me in on the nitrous

Hundreds of threads on line about Nitrous and glow engines as to why it’s not recommended.
Long story short, the minimal gains achieved with nitrous is best spent on a professional engine modification or a better engine. Not to mention the damage that can be done to the engine if not sprayed at the right volume and at the right time/rpm’s.
Same thing goes for a Stupid Charger, they just don’t work well with a glow engine.

Baaaahaha guess ill pull the nitrous off

---------- Post added at 9:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:08 PM ----------

If a guy was to upgrade the motor, what's a good choice

The 3.3 with no reverse is a 4908, unless the reverse has been removed. Does it have two holes for servos or just one?

Baaaahaha guess ill pull the nitrous off

---------- Post added at 9:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:08 PM ----------

If a guy was to upgrade the motor, what's a good choice

A good engine. HUMMM. PICCO RED DOT!!!. OH yah!:whhooo:

I have a 3.3 maxx with no reverse. A hole for steering servo no reverse servo hole but screw holes brackets to secure a reverse servo. What model is mine?

4908 if it has am radio if it has 2.4ghz radio its a 4907

Actually unlike certain other devices of which we do not speak, I could see nitrous doing something if you're running rich and use it. But it'd be like a good looking prostitute wth stds,I'd want to hit it but I'd be afraid of the consequences! :whhooo: