what tires do we all like??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J’sCrawler

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
I've built a tekno DB48 from a 2nd or 3rd hand EB48.3, and I now need to buy some tires. 2.2" stuff is pretty much out of the picture since its just more expensive than a 2.8 pre-mount tire. If cash was no object I'd go straight for the U4 G8 hyrax 2.2" tire on the SC raid wheels. 5.75" tall by 2.2" wide. A nice lookin tire for sure. Since i have a 17mm hex vehicle, i would need the hex adapter set from proline, putting me at about $130, and maybe some closed cell foams for the ballooning effect, = more $$$$.....
So here I am at the 2.8 MT stuff.......
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/tenacity-db48-3.2596/post-21550
This is my set of choices right now. check out the thread.
1650830535124.png

seriously check out my build thread!
1650830868502.png

Last edited:
Big. Wide. not for crawlers

Lol

yea thats funny big n wide is not for crawlers. Tall n skinny is always king. The DB48 is no crawler, Its more of a U4? I will use it on a backyard track that is mostly loose dirt surface when dry and if wet its just wet dirt. Idaho dirt, so mostly clay based. I'm really building the EB48 with bigger tires and a losi tenacity DB pro cage. If you didn't own a tekno I suppose you wouldnt understand the grace that they really have, and the power the chassis can handle!

yea thats funny big n wide is not for crawlers. Tall n skinny is always king. The DB48 is no crawler, Its more of a U4? I will use it on a backyard track that is mostly loose dirt surface when dry and if wet its just wet dirt. Idaho dirt, so mostly clay based. I'm really building the EB48 with bigger tires and a losi tenacity DB pro cage. If you didn't own a tekno I suppose you wouldnt understand the grace that they really have, and the power the chassis can handle!
I owned tekno original conversion parts in 08

I owned tekno original conversion parts in 08
You clearly have no idea what your talking about if you think d8 tekno parts are even in the same realm as what he has going on there. Nice try but still very cool nonetheless. Anything made by tekno is the highest quality off road gear in the industry. Tekno sets the bar and the rest follow suit trying to copy it or catch up up to it. Proven facts.

Nice u4 basher build, I built one similar to that many yrs ago, using the et48.3 chassis and mt410 towers, mine was never intended to be within u4 spec so I also used the et front and rear clips and shocks, I'm very familiar with that generation of platforms and provide many, many aftermarket upgrade parts if ever anyone is interested.

I recently put on the OG 2.8” badlands, and I think I like them even more than the duratrax. They are slightly slimmer and not as tall, so the chassis slap has now returned. I belted them so they don’t balloon. They feel less floaty then the bigger duratrax.

Another terrain test.... the OG badlands do great in the sands of bear lake ID/UT. Real fun. I forgot the wheel wrench so I couldn’t swap over to the duratrax for comparison. People had stopped and said “wow! That thing is fast!” It’s on 15/44 gearing so it can’t be as fast as some out there!

Back