What the ... am I doing wrong?!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the only differences between the engine/wheels on the 3.3 vs the 2.5 are that the 3.3's came with a wide ratio output gear in the trans and the extended front axle. The revo I had my 3.3 in had the longer chassis, standard gear ratio, so don't know why it was such a dog. Even with the 21TM in it, it's not overly wheelie happy, but it does seem to be much less labored. I was running 38/15 gearing with the 3.3 and still am with the OS21TM.

I don't know why but mine has no issue pulling the fronts up and for a truck of its size, very impressive top end. I have a Jato to give some comparison to as far as the motor performance goes... Of course the Jato has a LOT more top end but it also can't tow a 1:1 across the driveway either. I have been fortunate with my traxxas products. They have lived up to their claims. Although I haven't actually run radar on them, I know I have either run out of real estate or literally blown the tires OFF the truck. Let me tell you, it was MOVING! The reliability and over all endurance really has been good. I am a happy customer for sure. Coming from an Associated and Kyosho background, that's saying a lot!

I've had pretty good luck with all my other Traxxas products, but the Revo 3.3 is firmly on my "meh" list.

Yah, weird... The issues you've been having seen odd to me. I'm sure you'll get it sorted tho.

Back