what temp plug should I use ???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JESSE G

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a T-Maxx .15 and right now I have a hot plug in it I diddnt relize untill now that it is for hot weather correct me if my wrong I'm still new to this lol. I just thought a hot plug would run hotter making more heat/spark which would equal more power as that is how it is with a real car motor, anyway I was wondering what would be a good plug for me to use in temps around 60 to 80 degrees? those are the day I'm waiting for at least to go out with my truck its 20 now :( also what is a good brand to use? I know this has been probally asked a billion times before but like I said I'm new and just want to get my beast to run to the best of its ability any help would be very appreciated thank you :) :cheers:

the plug range depends on the nitrop content you are using ,the hotter the plug the lower the nitro content like for 10 to 15% use a hot plug,20% medium plug ,30% cold plug,
simply because you need a hotter plug to burn a low nitro content ,and the more nitro the cooler the plug ,
i am sure this is true ,but if i am wrong someone will correct me ,,
take care
rick

well this is what I understand.
High Nitro cold plug
Low Nitro hot plug

Cool thanks guys I appreciate the help :)

Well that could be why my truck doesn't run quite right :) I'm using a hot plug with 20 % nitro thanks Tarant for the link very helpful :)

If I was using a hot plug with 20% nitro would it make it more difficult to get in tuned and run right I've tried everything and I can't get it to run right.

most likely yes try a medium plug.But also remember to check for leaks in the carb or back plate that can cause tuning problems also.

ok thanks I will change my plug and check for leaks :)