What new wheels do you recommend?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan_UK

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have decided to get a new set of wheels & tyres for my 25. I think the standard tyres have gone too soft or have got water inside or something (quite likely in the UK) because they shake up and down and flex all over the place at anything over 1/2 speed.
I have seen 40 series wheels on ebay and think they look great, but are they the same overall size as standard? I would prefer the same size or slightly bigger as I think they look best. I don't want huge wheels like the Kongs. Are 40 series wheels good? Or should I just stay with standard sizes? I tend to use my 25 on pavement, grass and dirt but not too much mud as I am too lazy to strip and clean it every time.....

Thanks guys, sorry for the long post but us Brits do like to babble on...!
:thumbup:

i have a set of proline mulchers, proline road rage, and proline max paddles.

the mulchers are awesome. they are no where near as soft as the stock tires they dont roll over at all.

thanks
chris

Check out the new Hot Bodies 7" Tire/Wheels. They are bigger than your stock tires and have a couple of styles to choose from. You can find them on Ebay & other places.

Here is a link & a few picks to give you an idea of how they look:
(They aren't my picks - found them on the internet)

Stock vs new 7" Hot Body
fa50fede.jpg

7" vs Toilet Paper
fa50fedc.jpg

Top View vs Stock
fa50fea6.jpg

Tower Hobbies
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEPB3&P=7

Later....:mex:

Thanks fellas. I am searching Ebay right now. All of the good stuff is located in the USA, but most people won't ship to the UK:(

Will have a look at Tower Hobbies too.
Cheers.
:clap:

those HB wheels are not made very well I rolled my truck in the grass and stress cracked three and the forth was broke were it attachs to the hub. I sent them back. too much plastic to much leverage w/ those big rims

I am not sure what gw63 experienced with his HB tires/wheels. I have the Mayhem tires on Revolution wheels and just love 'em so much. I do all kinds of bashing with it, and it handles very well. I got mine from Tower Hobbies.
:hehe:

maybe it was a bad mold on the run that I got. I not sure why they broke I called HB and they Are supposed to send out some new ones. I went back to the 6"

Originally posted by Digital Liquid
Check out the new Hot Bodies 7" Tire/Wheels. They are bigger than your stock tires and have a couple of styles to choose from. You can find them on Ebay & other places.

Stock vs new 7" Hot Body
fa50fede.jpg

7" vs Toilet Paper
fa50fedc.jpg

Top View vs Stock
fa50fea6.jpg

Tower Hobbies

Do they have a different style tread pattern for the tires? That looks kinda weak in the traction department.

They have a chevron style, but not in the Giant Size, The Diffrent Styles Follow:

DeathGrip-
hbsc6178.jpg

Padlock-
hbsc6166.jpg

Mayhem-
hbsc6168.jpg

Psycho-
hbsc6171.jpg

Originally posted by Digital Liquid

Stock vs new 7" Hot Body
fa50fede.jpg

7" vs Toilet Paper
fa50fedc.jpg

Top View vs Stock
fa50fea6.jpg

Tower Hobbies

Looking at the second picture made me think, what advantages are gained by running with rolls of toilet paper, instead of tyres? Lighter weight? I Guess you'd not be able to use them in the wet though eh?

So let's start the

Top Ten Reasons To Use Toilet Paper For Tires:

I will start it off.....

---10) You are out bashing in the woods & have the squirts. TP sure beats poison ivy.

---9) To leave a trail behind you so you don't get lost in the woods.

:dumb:

7) Youll be able to tell which truck is yours.

6) You could set them alight, would look awesome at night, kinda
like Back To The Future.
:eyes:

5) If you are lazy it can be used as a nitro powered wiper for those real big loads.

Originally posted by NitroToGO
5) If you are lazy it can be used as a nitro powered wiper for those real big loads.

LMFAO!!!

--4) If you lose in a race, you can always take the toilet paper tires off & go to the winner's house....& roll it.....

Originally posted by El Pirata
Mayhem and death grip look like they have some nice traction, but neither come in the 7" size?

Why do you even care? It's not like those things will fit on either of your buggies. Afterall you did sell the Savage, right?

Back