What motor for drift and touring use in a Tamiya TT02 Type SR?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo.177

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
I'm wondering what motor I should use for a drift/touring build with a Tamiya TT02 Type SR?
Brushed? Brushless?
Also I'm thinking of getting a hex screw kit for building the car, is it worth it?

I'm wondering what motor I should use for a drift/touring build with a Tamiya TT02 Type SR?
Brushed? Brushless?
Also I'm thinking of getting a hex screw kit for building the car, is it worth it?
Brushless is always better. What motor/ESC combo though, is subjective to massive debate. Personally, I prefer Hobby Wing ESC's paired with the cheap motors from eBay and Amazon. Since you are trying to set up a drift/touring type car, I would go with a 3900KV or 4300KV 3650 motor.

Brushless is always better. What motor/ESC combo though, is subjective to massive debate. Personally, I prefer Hobby Wing ESC's paired with the cheap motors from eBay and Amazon. Since you are trying to set up a drift/touring type car, I would go with a 3900KV or 4300KV 3650 motor.
Ok thank you so much. But I have another question are the diffs going to be able to handle the power?

Last edited:
drifting and touring are two complete opposites in rc one is sliding around a corner and the other is sticking like your glued to the track..with a 17.5 and esc with drifting tires you can drift around a track. no need for the high kv listed by another.. with same 17.5 and different tires you can stick to track like your glues. and the difts will handle my suggested motor.not the other one suggested

drifting and touring are two complete opposites in rc one is sliding around a corner and the other is sticking like your glued to the track..with a 17.5 and esc with drifting tires you can drift around a track. no need for the high kv listed by another.. with same 17.5 and different tires you can stick to track like your glues. and the difts will handle my suggested motor.not the other one suggested
So a 17,5t brushless setup running on 2s lipo?
Would this be a good setup?
https://www.hobbywing.com/mobile/goods.php?id=578&filter_attr=5456.0

A third question is the tt02 type s or Sr the best?

Last edited:
Back