What is the best hex tool set?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitroman.18

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
What hex set do you find the best?

I've had good experience with Dynamite hex drivers.

I agree...Dynamite is not bad (they come in different 'flavors' of course). It really comes down to how much you wrench, as Dynamite is inexpensive but does wear fairly quickly. I wrench--a lot--and have gone through several sets of them.

With that, the biggest 'quality jump' I've experienced in the this hobby was going from an Exceed Forza to an OFNA Hyper 7. Second to that would be these Dynamite to these MIP Thorp hex drivers. I am a gorilla wrencher and apt to stripping screws. These things have all but solved that problem. Wow! They are ugly as all get-out, but man-oh-man I've yet to find a screw that doesn't flat-out stick to these things.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...roduct-Feeds&gclid=CJvVgMSGr7wCFelZ7AodiGEAkQ

Last edited:
I use VP-Pro very good set of tools, 24.99 for a set of metric and hold up to being used in a power driver.

I agree...Dynamite is not bad (they come in different 'flavors' of course). It really comes down to how much you wrench, as Dynamite is inexpensive but does wear fairly quickly. I wrench--a lot--and have gone through several sets of them.

With that, the biggest 'quality jump' I've experienced in the this hobby was going from an Exceed Forza to an OFNA Hyper 7. Second to that would be these Dynamite to these MIP Thorp hex drivers. I am a gorilla wrencher and apt to stripping screws. These things have all but solved that problem. Wow! They are ugly as all get-out, but man-oh-man I've yet to find a screw that doesn't flat-out stick to these things.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...roduct-Feeds&gclid=CJvVgMSGr7wCFelZ7AodiGEAkQ

I have the MIP's, but their hex bit to use with my electric driver. Best I've had for wear and fitment next to the losi tini coated handheld hex's.
I've used Losi TiNi coated handheld, hudy speed bits, hudy plastic handled, OFNA speed bits and MIP speed bits.

The losi's were my first purchase 15+ years ago. I've had to grind the tips a hair to remove some of the tip to get sharp corners back, but the only bit I've replaced was the 1.5mm because I broke it using it to keep something from spinning, it shattered and I never found the pieces. Don't use hex drivers as pry bars... lol. With arthritic hands, I tried the speed bits in the order listed above and the MIP's are hands down the best fit and longest wear bits I've tried.

I like my EDS set, some HUDY, and Wera

Don't forget, once you've rounded a bit, you can always grind or cut it down and although it's a lil shorter, it's also just like a brand new bit. (unless it's a ball driver. I guess you could always try getting creative and trying to cut that into the bit as well, honestly I've never tried. Cutting flat and starting new works for sure!)