What Glow plugs do you use in your Savage X F4.6?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCNUTZ

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Wondering what you guys use. HPI glow plugs seem on the expensive side.

All glow plugs are expensive and relatively around the same price. I use OS medium plugs. I order them on ebay and seem to get them a little cheaper than the local hobby shop.

All glow plugs are expensive and relatively around the same price. I use OS medium plugs. I order them on ebay and seem to get them a little cheaper than the local hobby shop.
What # OS Plug?

O.S #8's for me in everything except my Lrp's I run there hottest plugs there brand. McCoy hot plugs also run nice for me.

They tell me the OS glow plugs are shorter then the HPI s and loose some compression

O.S #8's for me in everything except my Lrp's I run there hottest plugs there brand. McCoy hot plugs also run nice for me.
I am told the OS plugs are shorter thatn the OS plugs therefore you loose compression

They tell me the OS glow plugs are shorter then the HPI s and loose some compression

I am told the OS plugs are shorter thatn the OS plugs therefore you loose compression
Shorter. not sure. They seem to last longer for me though. I have most definitely had no compression loss running them that's for sure.