What fuel should i use?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozzy500

RC Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_20220715_170947.jpg
IMG_20220715_170925.jpg
IMG_20220715_170916.jpg

Hello Ozzy here a total beginner at this stuff, as i said in the title: what fuel can i use for this engine? Is it ethanol or something else?

It is a 2 cycle engine so any good high-octane unleaded works fine. Also it is mixed with 2 cycle oil and your local parts store will recommend a good oil.

If possible, do not use ethanol fuel in any small gas engine. High test fuel with no ethanol is best. The ethanol does a few things to small engines. First is causes some plastics to swell, example the plastic fuel cap on a poulan chainsaw. It absorbs water and then when sitting in float bowls, causes the brass parts to corrode and turn green, also reducing sizes of jets and causing nice little burn holes through your piston. It can cause the rubber tipped needle valves to swell and reduces the float bowl level, also causing piston holes, and finally it rots diaphragms and such that make up the fuel pump side of the carburetor, causing them to go hard and not flex to pump the fuel.

If possible, do not use ethanol fuel in any small gas engine. High test fuel with no ethanol is best. The ethanol does a few things to small engines. First is causes some plastics to swell, example the plastic fuel cap on a poulan chainsaw. It absorbs water and then when sitting in float bowls, causes the brass parts to corrode and turn green, also reducing sizes of jets and causing nice little burn holes through your piston. It can cause the rubber tipped needle valves to swell and reduces the float bowl level, also causing piston holes, and finally it rots diaphragms and such that make up the fuel pump side of the carburetor, causing them to go hard and not flex to pump the fuel.
Oh okay thanks, i will not use ethanol then.
It is a 2 cycle engine so any good high-octane unleaded works fine. Also it is mixed with 2 cycle oil and your local parts store will recommend a good oil.
Okay Thanks, i will ask around and see what i can get

106 racing fuel only fuel with no ethanol around me been that way for 20+ years...

106 racing fuel only fuel with no ethanol around me been that way for 20+ years...
That is interesting as I see you are in michigan and there are many listings. I use shell premium, it has no ethanol.

Here is a nice little reference list if you want to squeeze the last few stations of their non ethanol gas. Check the dates posted or blow the phone call to be sure.

https://pure-gas.org/