what engines can i fit in my 3.3 t maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welchdennis63

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
my budy runs a picco in his 3.3 but i dont know if it's the wrong engine for this truck beacuse my trx 3.3 is a lot faster off the line and in top end my 3.3 is old and is getting swaped out next mouth should i just do the trx engine swap or should i try something new i want to keep the ez start. i have a o.s .18 that a ran in the truck for a few days but it didnt have the power like the trx 3.3 so whats a good engine for the t-maxx 3.3 i dont want two engine or anything and i dont want to spend big money like i did for the o.s

The Sirio .27 TX has been a very good engine for me in my 4908 T-Maxx extended version truck and my Revo....It comes in a kit with engine mount and exhaust manifold for $155.00 plus you can still use the ez-start2 system..Only problems I've had was the fequent changing of rear centershafts until i bought a hardened steel one and the other is the front end always wanting to point straight up alot...

x-15taillightassy036.gif

Last edited:
ok i have picked my engine the Axial .32 Spec 1s with the ez start backing plate now all i needs is a mount i read the mgt mount can be moded to fit the tmaxx 3.3 but i can't find a mount by it self that is for the tmaxx i'm going to run a mono block in the rear to give me the room i need does anybody know if i will need to get a new manfold and i already know i will have to turn the carb around but other then that it will still cost less then a picco or sirio and from what i can find out about this engine from others online is that it a way better engine for the buck and the power can't be beat but any info on this would help some have told me the clutch and flywheel for the 3.3 will fit right on but would up grade to a 3 or 4 shoe setup or at least turn my shoe around so they grab harded but other say that it wont work at all

thanks for the info here, wanted to know the same thing

Which picco is he running? My .26 picco maxx is a monster. It is also a direct swap.

Back