What color should i paint my body?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisherman

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just ordered some new parts for my maxx and one of them was a jeep rubicon body. I dont have a specific color that i want to paint it, and was wondering what suggestions yall had. I kinda want it to be bright and flashy.
Any ideas?

I think dark metallic green is a god color on Jeeps. But I think it only comes as an automotive paint so you would have to add something to it.

I think one of the big rc paint companies (fascolor or Parma) offers a metallic flake you can add to any paint. I think the flake comes in different colors as well

I personally like Pactra's Candy Blue. I painted my 180SX that color, here's a pic:
180SX.gif

One of the other guys i know has blue body and i dont want to copy him. I decided that that red car next to the blue one looked cool so I'm in the process of painting it red with the roll bars and wheel hubs black. Its kinda simple but its my first paint job and i didnt want to start out to hard. Thanks for the ideas though.

How's Flourensent Yellow and Black fenders. Here's a pic of one of my cars with the yellow:

703SuperNitro1-med.JPG

I just painted it and am trying to cut it out and its being a bitch. its really hard to cut straight, the tools I'm useing a re and exacto knife and a pair of sisors. I have also made some mistakes and it isnt a really good first body paint job for me. Well i guess i hade to learn some where tohugh. At least i know what not to do next time. Oh and do body sisors really help? should i get some?

Pink paint it pink with the pink panther on it then it would look pimpen!!!

The first Lexan body I cut out was a nightmare. Big, very strong scissors, Xacto knife, and a Dremel.
Then I found out about Lexan shears. Long handles, short shears. As close to effortless as it can get. They are a must. I think they were $9. I've done about 6 or 7 bodies with them, and couldn't imagine being without a pair.
Any LHS will have them. I still use the dremel with the sanding drum to clean up the edges.

I use a Dremel with a cutting wheel to get it cut out rough, then the sanding wheel to finish it off lick Rolex said. It works great. Alot easier than scissors thats for sure!

By the way, my vote would have been for green. I just painted an old Toyota Land Cruiser body for my Maxx green. Still working on getting a pic in the gallery.