well i broke it good now

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonlike76

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
:angry: ok finally got fuel started tuning the motor in (and it seemed to be working better) after the carb swap and all of o sudden it went wot. tried to steer it to a safe place but couldnt hit a 4ft high brick wall straight on at full throttle did a flip landed on its roof and just hung wot. what a site tires ballooned to 3 times normal size. the confusing part is i have a fail safe installed so if i lose signal it kills the truck but the only thing that released the throttle servo was to turn off the controller. when i finally got to the truck it was at 360 degrees right front bulk head was sheared in half and controll box was stripped off . if my motor wasn't bad before it is know lol. left it cool and tried to restart it ran but just chugged about. anyone wanna buy a wreck cheap!!! sorry its laugh or cry at this point. so what do u think interference batteries were new in controller just odd that it went back to neutral when i turned off controller.

Range tests are pretty important.:) Are you sure the linkage didn't get jammed? Common problem that people make on T Maxx's. People unknowingly adjust the horn or trim so that the carb opens all the way. This puts too much of an angle on the post, and it flops over and jams. The small linkage going to the carb should be lengthened in this case, so you are able to keep the post at the proper angle.

range is not an issues u was only 10ft away when it happened and all batteries were new out of package. and no linkage was not stuck. even when the truck was not started the throttle would sparadically go to full throttle for no reason all trims are at center position then if i turned the controller off it would go back to neutral. the servo would phisically do it not a bind it did this about 3 or 4 times in a few minutes.

I had that problem with my Losi 8ight, I had to replace the switch to fix that problem.

From the sounds of it you use AA batteries so if thats the case, this is the part you need.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...7505/n/Traxxas-4-Cell-Battery-Holder-w-Switch

I would actually upgrade to a 5c battery pack instead of using AA batteries, But to do that you will need to buy a switch, a battery, and an NIMH battery charger which you probably already have for the ez start. heres the switch and battery you would need which I bet everyone here would recommend you getting.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product.../17482/n/Traxxas-Wiring-Harness-RX-Power-Pack
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...-60V-NiMH-Intellect-Hump-Receiver-Pack-IB1600

I hope this helps.

Sounds like a short in the wiring or a bad receiver. What kind of failsafe are you running? If you notice a problem with the electronics, it has to be figured out before starting the truck. Or this is likely to happen.

I had the same thing with a 1/10 buggy, WOT but mine stuck on full lock too, hit a wall lucky there wasn't too much damage, only went ten feet. At first I thought it was the receiver so I swapped that out, all seemed to work so ran it again, guess what, did it again, no damage this time. I swapped transmitters this sorted it, odd thing is it only did this with the engine running, all worked fine on the bench, can you try another transmitter?

I had the same thing with a 1/10 buggy, WOT but mine stuck on full lock too, hit a wall lucky there wasn't too much damage, only went ten feet. At first I thought it was the receiver so I swapped that out, all seemed to work so ran it again, guess what, did it again, no damage this time. I swapped transmitters this sorted it, odd thing is it only did this with the engine running, all worked fine on the bench, can you try another transmitter?

Exactly what I thought it was with my 8ight, but the problem for me was the switch, had noting to do with the receiver or transmitter thankfully (I have a Spektrum) If you turned on the electronics and waited a while it would startr doing it. It didnt do it cause the engine was running the electronics were slowly shorting out and it took a while for it to lose control.