WELL, GUESS I HAVE THE SAVAGE XL FROM HELLo!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mackdaddy66

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok, well, i get my trusty ole .25 installed in my savage xl as i am waiting on a new engine from HPI, So i go to the park today , The trusty ole .25 fires right up and soon i am making a few passes around the park, then TROUBLE !!!! The throttle servo started working intermittently, changed reciever batteries, same problem called HPI they are sending me a new Throttle servo. I still am a die hard HPI man but boy i sure ain't been havin much fun with my savage xl.

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble hope it gets fixed soon and you are out breaking it because you did something to cause it. Lol. Beat it like it owes you money.

Thanks, I'd sure love to break something due to some hard bashing, the thing about the servo is when i move it with my hands it works for a second or two, checked all the wires and connections, steering servo is fine, guess just got a bad throttle servo, anyway on a good note HPI RACING CUSTOMER SUPPORT has been awesome, aside from the aggrivation of having to send back a engine and having to wait on parts, they really do go out of their way to make things right. oh, well, as long as i am up n running when my son comes down for the summer. we are gonna bash the "GONADS" off this truck. can't wait cause i only get a month with him.

same thing happened to my savage 4.6 right after breakin . be prepared for the backorder wait. been waiting 2 weeks for mine with no end in sight. they on backorder lol.traxxas 2070 in mine temporarily
also heard that the steering servo will be next. have had no problems with it so far

I just replaced both of mine with the Hitech 645 servos. My steering servo was whooped, lol. No torque left, and the output shaft was really loose and had interference when you wiggled it.

I've been waiting on a replacement steering servo for over a month now...

It's a common problem appearantly. Same thing happened to mine. Throttle servo went first so used a Traxxas 2056 wp for that. Steering went next so I replaced it with a Savox 1256 TG. 277 oz/in with titanium gears.

well, tell me if anyone knows the answer to this question, theres no hobby shop even remotely close so would i be able to find a replacement (even a temporary one) at the local Radio Shack? I've never seen anything like that there but i thought someone here may know if i can pick up a suitable replacement there? throttle servo i mean

No they don't stock stuff like that. Sorry. eBay has tower pro servo's cheap and fast shipping too. And they are not half bad actually. Digital and good tq and not bad speed

Thanks, I get my son in two weeks so i am really wanting my truck back up and running. I had a savage .25 that i spent all winter building, took it to the beach, well, didn't really have room for it with all the extra stuff my family bought and some guy bought it from me while it was sitting onthe sidewalk. I sold a better truck than i have, I could never afford a savage xl, had to build my own, lengthen a regular savage, and wouldn't you know the first time i can afford a savage xl, well, lets just say i wish i had kept my savage .25 aka "FRANK" at least we could have fun with it, all i get to do is look at this thing. oh ,well, maybe shipping won't be so slow. peace out !!

Hope it works out. This hobby was always something for me to do with my little boy.

We had a blast with FRANK my savage .25 at Myrtle Beach, it was great, maybe i can run to Little Rock Hobbytown and grab a servo so me and my son can have some fun. I know things happen but i've been waitin all year on my son to come down so we could bash around and wouldn't ya know it, my trucks down. man, sure hope this is the end of my bad luck with this truck.

The no limit world finals is memorial day weekend at diggers dungeon in NC maybe you and your son could go. Took my son two years ago he loved it. It is RC monster trucks and short course racing.

our radio shack stocks some gimp servos. your best bet is to order some off ebay

Don't get too discouraged man the XL is a great truck, your's isn't cursed or possesed. The things that you are having trouble with are pretty much the same as most XL owners have experienced.

Just wanted to stop in and say I called HPI today the servos are still on back order and they hope to have some in the beginning of next month.

I bought a Futaba at Hobbytown so i can bash, seems to work fine, i ran my truck today , got her tuned good, temps down, peppy little .25 at that, tuned on her a lil bit and she woke up. But I'm like you i'd like to have my parts from HPI.