Water Proofing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAVAGE_BASHER_K4.6

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys i have seen alot of videos of other people driving the crawlers in water and completely submerging them. so i have a few questions.

1) how and what do you use to water proof a axial crawler?

2) is it good for your truck?

i would like to do this to my truck since i live in the great worthwest and it rains alot over here. but i do not plan on completely submergeing it under water.

thanks alot

SAVAGE_BASHER_K4.6

There are several options. A lot of guys with scalers and crawlers run waterproof electronics. It's the ESC and receiver that you have to worry about the most, followed by the servos. You can waterproof any electronics though. There's an excellent article in the tips section that details how to waterproof your electronics using plasti-dip. You can also open the servo case and use gasket sealer to seal all the cracks where water could get in and screw it down. Another option is to use ballons. Simply put the ESC, receivers, and servo each in a ballon, and use a zip tie after twisting the top closed to seal it up. The water probably isn't the best thing for the motors (brushed) but it doesn't cause immidiate failure. I would deifnitely pull the motor apart and clean it and oil it if it gets submerged though. Something else to think about it the tires. Normally with a crawler you have an air hole or two drilled in each wheel so that the tire doesn't hold pressure and can compress, but a lot of guys have mud tires that haven't been drilled, and that keeps the water and mud from getting in the tires and foam.

Smaxxin takes his rigs through some rediculous terrain as far as water is concerned, so he may be able to help you more. I'm not sure how brushless motors react when they get wet, I've only seen the brushed motors running under water.

awesome thaks for all the helpful info iam gonna read the tip section and see if i can figure it out

Back