Washington state, South King-North Pierce!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdavidhicks

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Okay Pacific Northwesterners... I did some checking.

Here in Sumner, Washington there's a bmx track called River Valley BMX. I talked with the proprietor and he has nothing against "hobby cars" as long as priority is given to the bmx'ers.

I picked up a flyer from them. They have bmx races regularly on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings, Saturday afternoons and Sunday mornings. Late July seems to be their most active part of the season.

This track has "nitro" written all over it.

Somebody tell me if they wanna try to go bashin' here one day.

Kwong, ya bastard, I've mentioned this to you and you never responded!

rvbmx1.jpg

rvbmx2.jpg

rvbmx3.jpg

rvbmx4.jpg

Last edited:
I'll go as soon as I get my hyper 8 and all my shtuff. I can't go with an underpowered truck...lol

There's another track that I found on the RC car action track finder. Just received an e-mail from the guy and it is there and not old and gone! From the sounds of it, it is new. If you wanna know about where it is mapquest it. Mapquest said it's about 20 minutes or so from Federal Way. North of Fed Way

Normandy Park Raceway
609 SW189th St
Normandy Park, Washington 98166

(206) 242-8862
[email protected]

I work in normandy park, I'll check that thing out.

Damn... that's practically on my way home! I usually break off onto 188th from 509. I'm taking the right-hand lane today to check it out!

Someone take some digital pictures so I can see what it looks like.

I carry a digital camera with me. Had I seen anything I would be attaching photos. That address is a residence smack dab in the middle of a relatively well-to-do neighborhood, speed humps on the street and adjacent to a park. I drove around to the park entrance side but didn't go in because it's walk-in only, no vehicle access. Very densely wooded, couldn't see a thing.

I don't know, Kwong... Is that address the residence of the guy that emailed you?

That's what was posted on the Car Acton Site. I'll e-mail him back and see if the address is correct

I didn't see anything either. Find out what's up kwong, and we'll take care of the rest.

Here's the correct address:

601 SW 189th st
Normandy Park, Wa, 98166

I'll bet that's the corner house that had go karts in the driveway. It's still a private residence.

Well the guy said that we should call before we come to let him know what kind of off-roaders we're bringing. Sounds like it's probably some "well-to-do" trying to start a little club.

very cool. I sent him an email, too. I should have asked him for pictures!

Originally posted by wdavidhicks
very cool. I sent him an email, too. I should have asked him for pictures!

Hey, you wanna go check out that BMX track tomorrow?

well nitro dave, we went to the track today. Stupid me forgot the glow igniter so no driving on my part. It's a lot bigger than the pictures make it out to be. There's one big problem though, some jumps are so high that the truck dissapears behind it. You can't really drive the whole track but there's places where you could drive about half. It's a good bashing track.

It is totally different when you're trying to drive on it. If you stood at the apex of the highest jump you could see quite a bit but you were still kinda blinded by that big berm in the second picture.

Maybe we should hook up on-board video cameras and drive by the screen of a laptop...

Yeah, until you flip the truck...that would be cool though

Keep me posted when you are going again. If schedule permits, I would love to bash with ya.

side note: I emailed that guy too, he said it was $5 to run all day and just to call him and let him know what kind of truck. I may have to check that out.

Well maybe we could go check out the Normandy Park Raceway one this weekend.

I would love to, but I am moving (closer to Normandy Park) actually, so this weekend will be bad for me, but if you check it out, let me know

Back