Wanting XR10, What To Know Prior To

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Thinking real hard on an XR10, whats the big diff between the AX & XR besides the rid of shafts? Worth it if I dont comp? I've heard these rigs get broken & fried parts real quick, true? And also lookin for a not so pricey setup to get it runnin, any ideas? And do they preform out of box stock good?

I'd say if you not gonna be comping with it then just stick with a AX10 you got, because to make them solid and not breaking parts your gonna spend a little over $300 just on all the VP parts, Well you could spend a little less if you just did the trannys and stayed with the plastic knuckles, C's and lockouts. Plus $225 for the XR10 if you get it from Tower Hobbies and use the coupon code they have right now. you will also need a Punk dig for $75 if you get it new or a 2nd ESC like the one you are already using if your radio will control 2 ESC's separately. A couple of 45 turn motors and probaly some other misc. items.

Doing the 9mm bearing mod like I did in that thread is real cheap and will take care of the main bearing problems. Id do that mod along with vp trans housings and save the money on motor plates and put it into knuckles, c's and lock outs.
Moa's are more capable that shafty's for sure (depending on how you setup your electronics and how low you keep the cog) but if your not comping, ever, than it might be a waste of money.

Well not a waste of money because if you really enjoy crawler bad ass obsticals, the xr will out climb your ax10 which as long as you are really into it then its not really a waste of money.

Last edited:
I'm really into crawling and may comp if my lhs will get their course done, but I just got one ordered by mistake lol, my wife is f'n pissed, so we shall see...

She said I just used my portion of our taxes so were good and super stoked now, just hope the rc4wd xr4 radio can bind both my tekin escs. Time to start my build thread, woooo

She said I just used my portion of our taxes so were good and super stoked now, just hope the rc4wd xr4 radio can bind both my tekin escs. Time to start my build thread, woooo

Sweet congrats, can't wait to see it all finished.

Lol thanks to you and lloyd I had to have one lol, thanks, for real hehe

Back