Wanting to upgrade mt2.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shrtwrec20

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi all. I've recently dug out my old HPi MT2. It needs a few parts replacing and while looking for parts on eBay I found this fella http://stores.ebay.co.uk/hobbies-st...19793926&_sid=189111980&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322
I am interested in a lot of the parts he does for the mt2. Pretty much all the alloy bits :D
My question is, has anybody bought from him in the past? And if so, were the items good quality?

Thanks
Jule

Well I guess I'll be the guinea pig then. Gonna order a few parts tomorrow, I'll let you all know if there up to much. They all are described as GPM is this genuine parts manufactured? If so that would be cool ;)

I've just ordered a HPi 3.0 engine to replace my t15. Can anyone tell me the part number for the engine mount I will need? Thanks

And what drivetrain upgrades are there for this truck?

I'm beginning to think I'm gonna have this thread all to myself lol

And what drivetrain upgrades are there for this truck?

I'm beginning to think I'm gonna have this thread all to myself lol

Haha, Well i have the same questions also. I am currently looking for new a arms for my MT2 as i broke mine in the break in stage. Let me know how the parts work out for you. I dont know how shipping would be from the UK though :D

I also have a thread started for the MT2 under the other monster trucks if you want to hop on that one also.:D

Well I recieved my parts today. Will put them on the truck one night this week and let you know how they are. It was packaged really well and they even threw in some roller bearings to upgrade the nylon bushes supplied with the front hubs and steering assembly

IMG_0775.jpg

Just need to get the mount for my G3 engine now :D

Well I recieved my parts today. Will put them on the truck one night this week and let you know how they are. It was packaged really well and they even threw in some roller bearings to upgrade the nylon bushes supplied with the front hubs and steering assembly

IMG_0775.jpg

Just need to get the mount for my G3 engine now :D

That is way cool. I can't wait to see what your MT2 will look like after the mods. Mine came with a 3.0 engine do you think there is a bigger one i can put on? Did you order these straight from GPM?

Last edited:
^^ I bought them from the ebay store shown in my 1st post ;)

It's nearly all done now. Just waiting on the engine mount and some new hub bearings. Mine got a little wet and rumbley last time i went puddle hunting lol

^^ I bought them from the ebay store shown in my 1st post ;)

It's nearly all done now. Just waiting on the engine mount and some new hub bearings. Mine got a little wet and rumbley last time i went puddle hunting lol

just checking back to see how the work was progressing. :D

Unfortunately I sheared off one of the ball joints trying to put it in the new steering assembly. The engine mount has arrived though, but still no bearings :(

Unfortunately I sheared off one of the ball joints trying to put it in the new steering assembly. The engine mount has arrived though, but still no bearings :(

I gues its not that easy to put in a steering assembly huh? Well better luck on the next one:D

Any chance reviving this forum as iv just bought a cheap mt2 to resort to my own spec

Sure whay not...I have some GRM parts on my MT2. I would not suggest goingt with alloy arms though. The hub carriers are the weakest link on the truck from what I have seen anyway. I have a OS .18TM in mine....crazy fast.

Mine hasn't arrived yet it's standard at the moment with a t15 in need of a new clutch to run.

So what's the weak spots on the mt2 and what sort of upgrades have people done.

Il be running mine on thick grass and ruff terrain so may need some more lift if it's possible with suspension or wheels.

The hub carriers are the weakest link on the truck. I have broke a ton of them until I went alloy...then it was a lot better.

I agree. I just broke a hub carrier the other day. I also would not change to alloy A arms. I broke them and it only cost me $5 for the replacement and I had no other major damage. I am sure that you know this by now but last time I ran my truck I forgot to double check the wheel nuts and lost one doing doughnuts on the pavement:whhooo:

Yay. Finally found this forum again. My pc crashed and I lost all my cookies :D

Tbh I still haven't finished the upgrades after all this time. I work a lot of odd hours and everytime I get my gear out on the kitchen table to start building, the wife finds something else for me to do >:-(

show some pic's of your rides .and are they a fun truck to run i have one but needs a littl work. just a little. hell i don't even know if it runs .never tried yet. maybe just clean it up and sell it.i've got everything for it maybe even the body
picture.php

Not only the knuckles but the c hubs are weak as well. From everyone I've talked too they say these are about all you should worry about replacing when starting out. I have a mt2 on the way in need of a new powerplant. Already have the stock .15 on order but made sure to order the knuckles and c hubs as well.

Back