wanting to get back in the game

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WCKDFX4

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys its been awhile since I've been on here i had a t-maxx 3.3 but i sold it in feb and i just started messing around w/ my nephews stampede and I'm wanting to get back in the game. I'm trying to decide between nitro or electric maxx. i know all the benifits of nitro vs elec, and I've talk to my lhs's and if i get the better batterys for the emaxx there basically is no price difference between the two, so my question is what kinda of run time will i get w the e maxx w the batteries that come w it and the uprgraded ones i will buy? thanks

I assume that you are talking about the 16.8v emaxx not the brushless if so I know that even new those Titan motors don't last long. I know someone that has to keep replacing them @ $65 a shot and he takes good care of it. If you wasn't to go fast and have fun for about the same money you should look at the 4wd slash coming out in another week or two. For my money right now anyway Brushless MT's are still just a bit spendy and the brushed ones are OK for 10 minutes but after that you want go fast.

thanks man. i think I'm gonna go nitro again longer run times yea i know eventually u gotta keep buying gas but the speed outta the box makes it worth it to me

I think that is why I own both:) I originally bought all of my electrics accept the mini Revo Brushed and quickly went brushless just because once you have had it you dont want anything else. Are you staying in the $400 range and are you buying a new nitro kit? If so I think that my money would probably go on the Savage X 4.6 right now. I own one of those as well and they are a good solid rig with tons of aftermarket support. Have fun with it..

yea I'm lookin to stay around 400 I've been lookin around for used ones but havent really found any that look worth the money asking

Back