Want faster acceleration on RC10GT, would a faster servo Help?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhatman

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey, I am looking to make my gt faster in acceleration. I am currently using the most cheap and basic servos on the market...a futaba s3003. I am using those for throttle and steering. I was wondering if I get a faster servo, would it make my gt accelerate any faster? Thanks a lot guys.
-Pat (redhatman)

Servo's won't do a thing. Change your gearing or get a faster engine.

Not really, the servo spins faster than ur engine can accel. If the servo is causing it to accel slower, then, you'll notice the engine beeing held back. Or, if the servo is VERY slow, like when you give it WOT, it takes like over a seccond to open it, then maybe...

Last edited:
I'm no expert but if you wanted to give a little top end up...you could replace the 15 tooth clutch bell with maybe a 14 or 13 and that would give you quicker acceleration....it would also take a little off of your top end though...i went the opposite route with my rc10gt and replaced the 15 tooth clutch bell with a 17 tooth..gave me a little more top end. Not sure how much the servo would help...although might help a little.

ok, i guess that makes since. Being that I am using a .12 cv, I can't expect to much accel out of it. Thanks again for all your help.
-Pat (redhatman)

Changing the gearing or engine will help more.

A .12 cv is a nice mill, and is most likely faster than the .15 cv. I heard somewhere if ya change the gearing youll get better acceliration.. Not sure where I heard it though... Hehe Red what tooth spur ya got on there?

the spur is a 66 tooth

I'd at least install an aftermarket head, and lean it out some more. That mill will run okay, but at only .58 ponys, you're not gonna have a rocket.

I've got the same engine with the O'Donell head - Nitrohouse has that head on clearance for $12 or so... downside; it's purple.

The CV.12 I have in my GT runs great, but, the flywheel keeps coming loose, making the acceleration poor. Might want to take the engine out and check the clutch nut.

Even though it's only a half-horse, with the o'donnell head, it'll run pretty nicely.

cvec7 said:
Not really, the servo spins faster than ur engine can accel. If the servo is causing it to accel faster, then, you'll notice the engine beeing held back. Or, if the servo is VERY slow, like when you give it WOT, it takes like over a seccond to open it, then maybe...
Servo will only affect rection time and braking power. The speed or lack of it, will still be the same as far as acceleration and top end.

Back