Want a new RC Car for beginners

• Thread starter PhilKnowsNothingAboutRCcars
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilKnowsNothingAboutRCcars

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
what onroad nitro car is goor for begginers and can drift around a few turns:puke:

I would say you wont go wrong with a nitro tc3 rtr...good strong car easy to tune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i get some flack for it, but i recommend the CEN CT5. for the 300.00, they ll do very well by a first timer, and an experienced rcer. but if they do need a better radio, though most rtrs do.

if you have a LHS, its good to see what they carry parts for. Carry being the operative word. if they have to order it, you may as well order it and save the time AND Money.
but i order most of 95% of my items online. all my lhs' have to order parts for the R/Cs i own so....jmo.

most LHSs have Traxassssss on hand. and i hear decent things about the4-Tec onroad. but after owning/working on a few different traxxas items, (never a 4Tec) I'm not a big fan traxxas anymore.

i like the CT5. very controallbe thru the rpm range, handles quite will, will drift if you want it to and basically pretty user friendly.
SUP FF.

if your set on nitro. search around and get familiar with how to tune, and what to look for when running nitro. theres a bit more to it than starting it up and taking a ride.

I second the ntc3 as it’s a versatile RC car. It’s a good parking lot basher because its shaft but its still competitive at the tracks. Also, I have seen quite a few people turn these into drifters.

The HPI rs4 3 with stage D conversion wouldn't be bad either but the conversion kit is almost the price of a new car

BUMP....:second_place:plaidfish has a really nice car for a good price.

Back