waiting for engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicholas655

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
well my new os 18tm should be arriving tomorrow , thank god i have off from work , (easter monday) i can't wait to break her in . i will take more time and be more carefull this time. i think i screwed my old engine abit. its replacing my 3.3 engine , i wil be running it with the trinity pipe. anyway i just thought i would spread the news. so anxious
oh another thing , what could i use to seal up everything and where exactly do i put it , what product is good to do this with ?
thanks ahead of time

Last edited:
I just broke my18tm in last week. What a hoot! Didn't know what I was missing. I read that a good way to test for leaks is to hook up a "clean" piece of fuel line to the inlet of the carb, block intake and exhaust, and while blowing through the tube, brush soapy water ( or the kid's bubble stuff ) around the neck of the carb, both ends of the pinch bolt that secures the carb, and the main bearings, while looking for bubbles. Mine was sealed perfectly, but I've heard stories that prompted me to test to be sure before break-in. Good luck with your new engine.:yes:

Back