VVRC 16 cc rear exhaust advise?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro Pirate

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Looking for someone that has installed or runs the VALLEY VIEW RC 16 CC Gas Rear Exhaust Engine..
I need to know what battery for ignition, connector etc. My radio is a Spectrum DX6 with AR6600T reciever.
New to gas..
Thank you..

Its whatever connector you use on any other battery in your rc gear..

Technical Data:

Ignition Battery:
NiMH 6V, 6.6V LiFe or 2S LiPo pack
Gasoline/Oil Mix:
40:1
Replacement Spark Plug:
M8, 1/4-32

Idle Speed: 1800 rpm/min

I personally Like a use the A123 cells.. thats a LiFe battery . it calls for 2 cells .stay at that . buy 1 to fin in battery box..

Hey, thanks for getting back with that.. I spent some time today reading the information they have over at "NoBSbatteries" wow... lots to learn for sure.
I thought I wanted to go with the A123 2 cells as you've suggested, but man it seems over my head, the individual cell balancing, etc. I was thinking of using a IBEC from AeroTech, but this guy at NoBS say's he wouldn't. Everyone suggest's an opti kill switch on a gas plane, which that would accomplish with the IBEC. One battery, running the ignition module & RX, controlled by an unused channel on the RX & toggle switch on TX.. What charger do you use for your A123 batts & do you balance charge them?
I'm open to any information you care to forward this way too.
Steve..