Video editing program

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KoRnKiD

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
what do you guys use for a computer editing program? You know to add music and cut parts out? And can run off a camcorder.

Final Cut Pro
iMovie
iDVD and DVD Studio Pro (for making DVDs)

Of course these won't help much as they are for Apple computers. I believe Final Cut Pro has a PC version.

They are also rather pricey. Someone who uses less expensive software might be able to recommend something for you, but do not be surprised if there is not a lot out there for less than say $200.

Movie Star 5 Pretty cheap only like 45 bucks.

My brother uses it. If you get Dazzle you can transfer your file from the videocamera to the computer and then to a VHS or DVD. like like 150 or up I think.

WTF is Dazzle????? does the video camera have to be digital?????

man i would get one of those programs but my camcorder isnt digital. Or else i would

it desn't have to be from what I undestand.. you just need an AV cable for it... I know you can get one/already have one

It'll have to be digital, or else you will need to spend an arm and a leg on a video card that will convert to digital. If the signal isn't digital, you can't edit it. There really aren't too many video editing options for analog video that are inexpensive.

Damn!!!!! oh well how much is a good digital video camera????

I just checked that dazzle site, and it is essentially a card that will convert your signal to digital. It is only $169 so I would be careful. I'm not sure what kind of quality you will get or compatability. I would do some serious research on that before I dropped any cash on it.

Story: A couple of years ago Iomega had this thing called a buzz card for like $200 that converted video to digital. I bought it to go with my new G3 tower. Turns out the buzz wasn't very good and not even compatible with my hardware, so I had to go and buy a Pinnacle Systems video card that cost $1000. Moral? Do your research.

Last edited:
Ok maxx u can go buy your own digi cam i can't afford one

Nitro Dave...you're a Power Mac user. And here I thought I was the only one on this site. Damn glad to have company.

I have a G3 and a G4 Quicksilver...very nice machines.

Based on your use of Final Cut Pro for your movies, I figured you might be a Mac user also. I'm starting to feel not so alone anymore.

were here, and we are dedicated....that new 17 inch ibook is calling my name

ohh ya those things are cool

Back