Vettklr's KrAzy ReVo Build 2k12 (Pics and Videos)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vetteklr

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
As a few of you may know I am new to this site (Which I love by the way) and new to the RC world. However, I'm not new to the world of speed and destruction. I've raced everything from little 90 dirt bikes, to 1000+ CC Nitrous Breathing Cam Am ATVs, to 9 second Street bikes, and much much more.

This Revo will not be a trailer/shelf queen. It will be build to take a beating and still run with the best of them. I went on and started this thread 'cause I went on and placed a nice order with Tower Hobbies (they seemed pretty legit) to top off what I've already gotten. Thus far I've gotten a nice little list of mods and a little video clip (New Years festivities has hindered getting any more at the moment, lol). I will update this as I go along.

I am wide open to suggestions or changes. I've done quite a bit of reading and love some people's diversity around here. So let the comments/questions/concerns pour in. Sub to this cause I'll have some pretty crazy and intense videos and pics coming your way!

Currently Have or On the Way
-FOC
-Traxxas aluminum pushrods (Red)
-Traxxas toe links (Red)
-Traxxas 40t Spur Gear
-Traxxas Sway Bar Kit
-Green/Gold Springs (For track dayz)
-Center Diff
-Rear Brake Kit
-Larger Fuel Tank
-Close Ratio 2 Speed gear
-Axial Black Chrome Beadlock Wheels
-Big Joe Tires
-On board temp gauge
-Integy Blue Upper Front A-Arms (Yes I know... Integy is garbage)
-Integy Axle Carriers (Silver)

Go with RPM arms and carriers rather than the Integarbage, I mean Integy. If you have the Center diff kit you don't need a separate FOC as it's included in the kit. You might also look at Maximizer beadlocks because they weigh less than the Axials.

Thanks, I'll look at those for another set of tires. I went with Integy cause it's all they had at the time.

Integy is pretty, but don't work well for very long due to lousy quality materials. Just use the stock pieces until the RPM stuff is back in stock.

Lol, I'm gonna rock these Integy Uppers till they take a crap on me. I have 2 sets of RPM A-Arms to put all the way around it. Waiting till they let go though, Gonna at least get my money's worth out of them

I am wide open to suggestions or changes.

I'd go with a big block swap, something along the lines of a picco .26/JL RedDot and most definately a rear wing setup

I'd go with a big block swap, something along the lines of a picco .26/JL RedDot and most definately a rear wing setup

Oh that's in the books for sure, I want to get this beast set up for that before I drop it in. It's like throwing some nasty head/cams/nitrous on a stock Camaro and taking it to the track, Yea you got a lot of bark and the bite to back it up, but can't get it to the ground to save your life.

Thanks for sure! Keep em coming!

2012-01-15_14-47-53_230.jpg

2012-01-15_14-48-04_126.jpg

2012-01-15_14-48-27_139.jpg

Last edited:
sweat rig where did you get the rims from?

And I think I just had a love explosion in my pants! That rig is SICK! Nice job bro.

sweat rig where did you get the rims from?
Thanks! The Rims are the Axial 8 Spoke Beadlocks. I ordered them from towerhobbies.

And I think I just had a love explosion in my pants! That rig is SICK! Nice job bro.
Haha! Thanks man! I'm workin on it! She's down for the count at the moment, shattered my lower A Arm on a small culvert! It happens. Ordering a surplus of them today so I'll have them on tap.

I need to start carrying multiple parts of the "weak" spots on my rigs, just for when things go from good to FK THIS SHT!!!! :hehe:

Those rims look mean as hell, and the addition of red toe links and blue control arms, give it that race look.

Fantastic truck man!

Haha! Thanks man! I'm workin on it! She's down for the count at the moment, shattered my lower A Arm on a small culvert! It happens. Ordering a surplus of them today so I'll have them on tap.

Great looking rig, nice work. Check into the RPM arms, they're not alloy and blingy, but man are they tough.

Pics are gone...fail :D

Pics are gone...fail :D

:nopics::madface::whack:

the pics dont work

Ok OK OK!!! Lol, I fixed em! Forgot I moved some pics around in my albums.

---------- Post added at 1:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:32 AM ----------

And wanna talk about a money sink... Lol! Who asked that question "What's a $1,000 Revo look like?" Check mine out if you wanna know.

towerhobbiesinvoice.png

And then my order today.

order.png

Not to count the multiple trips the the LHS to make multiple upgrades and purchases. Good grief!

---------- Post added at 1:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:34 AM ----------

I'll post some more pics as soon as I get it back together. Got it tore down at the moment. The motor on my EZ Start is no longer operational....

Pics....... Where they be?

Back